1. tommy's coming

Important nda: Hello everyone, this is my first fanction ever, I'm really stressed about this and I hope you'll like it. Please know that my native language is French 🙂 I decided to write my story in English because, in my opinion, English is way more beautiful than French. However, I'm not a perfect person so I might make typos mistakes or grammar mistakes.., I really hope I don't, but if you see any, feel free to tell me!

This is a short chapter, I'll try to write longer ones :). For readers who aren't so patient (and trust me, I'm not either), give it a shot until chapter three. I hope you'll enjoy it.

_________________________

Dylan POV

Standing next to my front door, I'm waiting for Thomas. His cab should be here in a few minutes now, or at least I hope so, because even though it's almost April I'm freezing. I cross my arms on my chest, my body shaking, and I bounce up and down, trying to get warm. I know I could just go back inside to grab some sweater or something, but I might miss Thomas' taxi and I don't want to.

He's coming to my place for a week, as I invited him over a few days ago. Wes and the team offered us a copy of The Death Cure DVD and I didn't want to watch it alone. At first, I planned to invite all my friends from the cast but then... I don't know. I changed my mind. I just wanted Thomas to come over and watch it with me. We became so close through this movie, I mean, a lot of scenes including Newt and Thomas together. We were already friends before, since the first movie, but we became like... best friends I guess, on The Death Cure set. And then the press tour. We've been together almost every day for months and I miss him.

Eventually his taxi arrives, coming up in my driveway. I see Thomas, sitting on the back seat, all smiley, and he seems surprised to see me outside. The car stops and pulls up, before Thomas gets out of the cab with his bag.

"Dylan! Have you been waiting for me outside? Are you crazy, it's freezing out here!" he shouts, coming up the few stairs before he reaches my door.

I can feel shivers through my whole body, and my stomach kind of burn, as I see Thomas approaching. I'm so happy and can't help but smile seeing that little face of his.

"Well yeah, I wanted to welcome you good!"

He's finally standing next to me, and we hug each other briefly. He smells really good I notice - as usual.

"I missed you Dyl! Come on, let's get you inside, you're going to freeze to death." He says.

I open the door for him and realize it's the first time Thomas comes to my place. He walks inside the hallway, and I guide him to the living room. I'm so nervous, I don't know why though. It's not like he and I had never been alone before. We used to hang out a lot back to the press tour. Obviously Thomas notices my nervousness, and he frankly asks me.

"You okay? You seem nervous."

"Sorry Tommy. It's just - it's your first time here and I'm kind of stressed out. I hope we'll have fun though."

I hope we'll have fun. I cringe. And mentally slap myself for being awkward like this.

He approaches me and puts his hand on my wrist. "You don't need to be! I'm sure you're a perfect host." I smile at him. I'm so glad to have a friend like him. "Where do you want me to put my bag?"

"Oh! Yeah sure, come with me, I'll show you your room."

I guide him upstairs. He enters his bedroom and looks around, putting down his bag on the bed.

"So yeah there's your bed and right behind this door there's a bathroom you can use. Or you can use mine, it's kind of bigger, I don't mind. There's some sheets and clothes of mine in the wardrobe, you can suit yourself if you need to."

"Thank you, Dylan. It's really nice. I didn't think you were a flower guy though." He laughs. Looking down at my feet I notice the old carpet full of white flowers and laugh as well. "Hey! Don't laugh. It's a really nice carpet okay?!"

"Okay, flower. It is indeed really nice."

My whole face must have turned red at the second he called me flower. However, I pretend nothing happened and try to hide my blushing cheeks with humor. "You called me flower. You really called me flower?"

"I did! You don't like it?" he says, a big wide smile on his face, the crinkles by his eyes showing up.

"Shut up." I say, my face burning up. "Okay? Or I'll let you starve the whole week." We both laugh at each other and he ends up asking what we're going to do now. We both agree to come back down to the living room and chill out on the couch. As we walk into the room, Thomas looks around.

"You've got a really cool house Dyl! Like... This is so big. And modern. I like it. Sober. Clean. I already feel home" he says, before crashing onto the couch, yawning.

I don't respond anything as I go to the kitchen to grab something to eat, and drink. I did the groceries yesterday and bought a lot of different drinks and snacks and I don't know what to offer to Thomas. I stare at my fridge for what seems like five big minutes before turning myself towards the couch to ask Thomas what he would prefer.

To my surprise, he fell asleep.