14. laura

Important nda: hello everyone, I hope you're okay. In this chapter we'll learn what happened to Tommy. Really hard topic coming but I tried to keep it soft in the writing so, don't worry too much. But maybe things won't be easy to read for some of you and if so, I'm really sorry ♡... I hope this chapter is okay though. I love you all♡

Also, if you could give me your thoughts about the two new covers for the story? They're at the end of the previous chapter and I'm a really undecided person so I'd like your advices on that point. Thank you♡

____________________

Thomas POV

We chose to make some pesto pasta, and Dylan is the one to cook, because I can't really hold stuff with my band-aids wrapped around my hands. Sitting at the table, I'm looking at his back while he's cooking and humming some songs softly. He turns his face towards me every so often to check if I'm okay. And I guess I kind of am, at least for now.

I'm still a little chocked, to be honest, that he came back. But I'm happy and mostly relieved because I don't know how I would have lived a normal life without him.

"I'm almost done, love, could you hand me the plates?"

"Of course, sun."

I hand him over the plates and soon they're filled up with delicious pasta. Eating something actually nutritious is a relief, after so many days of eating almost nothing.

We're face to face and eat silently, looking and grinning at each other every two seconds.

After a while I feel like I've gathered enough courage to speak about my... problems. I know it isn't the best time I could find as we're still eating. But I need to do it now or I might get cold feet.

"I'm going to try to be as clear as I can but..," I say while putting my fork down.

"Tommy, if you need more time, it's alright." he interrupts me.

"No, don't worry it's uh.. it's okay. I want to do it now."

Dylan nods and reaches out his hand to me. I grab it and he softly squeezes it, smiling at me in the most reassuring way.

"Okay so... A few years ago, I was in a relationship.. with a girl. Her name's Laura. We were together for 4 years and at first it was great. But she quickly became... Shit, I don't know how to call this."

I squeeze my eyes shut and take a deep breath. "Okay. So, after a year and a half she became more violent, if I can say? I don't know she was mean to me, didn't care about my anxiety or anything that could hurt me. She wouldn't understand, nor care, that some things, easy for people like her, were harder for people like me - people with anxiety. Back at the time, my anxiety was way slighter. It became worse and worse as she became meaner."

Dylan looks at me and smiles, as if to say I could tell him more and he'd be there no matter what.

This is difficult for me. But he needs to know where I've been. And I feel safe with him. Who knows, maybe I'll feel better after that. I kept this with me for so long. I'm exhausted.

"She would always negatively comment everything I'd do. She'd never notice all I'd do to take care of her, to please her. She'd only see things I did wrong, or so she said. And by the way, she didn't care at all about the chores at home. I'd do everything, and she'd never care about that, just make more of a mess because she didn't like to do chores. It was very... stressful."

❝yours, tommy❞   | dylmasOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara