23.

important nda: hello everyone! I hope you're doing okay. As we slowly come to a conclusion for this story, my first story, I wanted to let you know something important. 

I have loved writing this story but it also has been a really difficult challenge for me, especially since I write in English which isn't my native language... Anyway, I'm quite happy about it but that's not the point I'm trying to make. 

I've discovered a lot about writing, what difference you can make depending on the POV you use, especially. It has been enlightening, and challenging. I discovered so much that my story here ends up being a little messy and I hope you don't mind. 

ANYWAY, my real point here is that I'm currently working on another newtmas story, I'll give you more details when this story ends, but just so you know, it'll be totally written in a third POV, and the layout will be prettier, and I hope you'll like it if you decide to give it a shot. I put all of my heart in my stories and that new one I'm working on is something I'm really proud of. Anyway! Thanks for the support ♡

_______________________

Thomas loaded another box into the truck and wiped his forehead with his sleeve. Even though they were in the middle of May, the weather still was a bit cold and the boy thought he'd better wear a sweater when he saw the grey sky earlier in the morning. Now that he was busy carrying lots of boxes and furniture, he wish he'd wear something not so warm. He couldn't even change into something lighter, since all of his clothes were somewhere lost in the boxes in the truck. 

Thomas was tired and out of breath. He hadn't sleep very much last night. After the airport, he was home around 4 am, time at which Dylan's plane left. He was worried about his boyfriend and once he plopped onto his bed, he found himself disturbed. Because for the first time in a long time, he had to sleep all alone in his bed. He thought the sheets were cold and not welcoming now that Dylan wasn't there with him. 

He spent most of the night staring blankly at the ceiling, hugging Dylan's pillow, or playing on his phone, looking at the pictures of Dylan and him. He missed him so much already.

It also felt weird to sleep for the last time in this room. Thomas even got out of his bed, after a while, and took the time to explore his place one last time. It definitely felt weird to leave after all this time but Thomas knew it was for the best. When he crawled under his blankets, he texted Dylan to tell him he missed him and eventually fell asleep...only for an hour. His friends knocked on his door at 8 o'clock.

''Tired yet ?" one of his friends teased, putting a hand of Thomas's shoulder who stood straight back up.

''No I'm good.'' he said, a grin on his face. It was 10 o'clock and Thomas quickly did the maths to figure out which time it was in America. He came to a conclusion it should be around 3 am, so Dylan should have landed an hour ago. However, Thomas didn't get a text yet and nervousness was slowly making his way into his body. He grabbed his phone on his pocket, thinking maybe he didn't feel it buzz, but his smile faded away when he saw he hadn't get a text.

As his friends waved him over, he tried to push the worry thoughts away and walked back into the building to carry more boxes.

He was about to lift up a boxes of blankets when his phone finally rang. Thomas almost dropped the box, being in a crazy hurry since he knew it was Dylan calling. It had to be Dylan. He quickly muttered to his friends he'll be there in a minute and picked up the phone.