Chapter Five | Missing

I push open the heavy glass door that lead Zach, Daniel and I into one of my all time favourite fast food places. "Do you remember everyone's Chipotle orders?" Zach asks. I nod.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure," I say as we head towards the counter. The song Bad Influence by P!nk was softly playing through the store speakers as we ordered everyone's food to bring back to the studio. Once we had done that, I sat at a table and waited for our food to be prepared.

Looking around the room, I noticed that there was a lady probably in her mid forties with platinum blonde hair and grey eyes. She kept staring at the boys and I as we chatter whilst waiting for the food. "Guys, am I the only one who sees that lady staring at us?" I ask quietly.

Daniel shakes his head. "I noticed that too," He mumbles. Zach looks up and smiles at the woman who then gets up from her seat and walks towards us.

"Sorry for staring guys, but you all seem so familiar.." She says squinting at us. "By any chance are you from the band, what is is.. Why Don't We?" She asks.

I smile and nod. "They sure are."

"Oh this is so cool! My daughter is a big fan, mind if I have a picture? She'll freak out when she sees this!" The lady cheers. I put my hand out offering to take the picture. She thanks me and goes over to Daniel and Zach. I snap a few photos before handing her phone back to her. "Thank you so much!" She chirps as her food gets given to her. "Keep doing what you're doing kids, you'll get far," The lady smiles walking out of the store.

"Well she was nice," I state as the person behind the counter walks into the kitchen, leaving the front desk alone. I state at it with a smirk forming on my lips. "Herron, what're the odds that you jump over the counter." I dare. He raises an eyebrow. "Out of five," I say.

Daniel laughs. "Do it dude, it'll be funny!"

Zach groans. "Okay out of five."

"Three.. two.. one.." Daniel counts down.

"Four!" Zach and I both shout before Daniel and I burst into laughter.

"C'mon Zach," I laugh. He rolls his eyes giggling before checking to see if anyway was coming. He then starts running up to the counter and jumping over. I laugh with Daniel who was filming on the Why Don't We instagram story. Suddenly footsteps could be heard from the kitchen coming his way. Zach jumps back over just in time before the guy comes around with our food. By this time Daniel and I are both in fits of giggles as Zach grabs our food from the guy.

"That was close," He mutters as we walk out of the store.

"I gotta see that video," I say getting out my phone before seeing several missed calls and messages from Noah. Instantly I start to worry since she was home alone.

What if she had gotten kidnapped? A thief broke into the house? Someone died? The choices are endless. I swipe my phone open and read one of the many messages.

Noah: Kelsey! I can't find nugget!! He's gone! I need help finding him please come back home!

"You okay?" Daniel asks.

"It's Nugget, he's gone missing," I say. "I'm gonna help find him once I give the boys their food," I say getting into my Jeep with Zach in the backseat.

"Okay, I'll come help," Daniel says.

"Don't you have to record?" I ask.

"I've finished my half for today," He says.

-/-/-

We arrive at the studio a few minutes later. I jump out and rush in placing the boys food on the table. "Woah someone's in a hurry," Jack says.