Chapter Fourteen | Opening Act

I heave my suitcase from off of the concrete ground onto the long bus in front of me. Yep, today was the day where the boys started tour. The sun was bright, the sky was blue and everyone around had a smile on their faces. The first show was in Cincinnati Ohio, and I was really excited. I had missed the tour life, and now here I was, ready for round two.

"Dibs top bunk," Zach say dashing past me onto the bus with his pillow underneath his arm.

"Damn Herron," I laugh walking in after him. "Holy, this is like a fucking five star apartment!" I claim looking around at the inside of the bus. There were two black leather couches on each side of the bus under the windows, along with a tv on each side. After the couches, on the left side was a counter that had things such as a toaster on it. There were small cupboards and a microwave too.

Walking past the first half of the bus, I see Tyler sitting at the small table beside the kitchen. I hadn't seen him in awhile, so I decided to say hey. "Bam Bam, long time no see," I smile. He looks up from his phone and grins, getting up to hug me.

"Oh hey Kels, nice of you to be joining us," he says. "Oh, I saved a bunk for you."

I follow him towards the bunks after walking past the small bathroom that was hidden behind a narrow door. There were eight bunks in total, and they all had a curtain covering it for privacy. From what I could see, Zach had already snatched the first top bunk on left. Tyler pats the top bed on the opposite side.

"Here is mine. Corbyn's sleeping under Zach, so I made sure that you could sleep across from him," Tyler smiles pointing to the bunk underneath his own.

Oh wow, not even Bam Bam knew that we had broken up...

I put on a smile. "Why thank you," I say placing my suitcase on the bed. Tyler nods and points to the bunk behind mine. "That is Daniels, and the one above is Jonah's. Then on the other side, Jack is on top and Eben is underneath." He says before heading back to his table, leaving me to unpack. I place my pillow on the top of the bed before unzipping my suitcase and pulling out my phone charger, some gum, and my all time favourite book Paper Towns by John Green. I swear that I've read it almost a thousand times.

"Boo!" A voice suddenly bellows from behind me. Jumping from fright, I turn around to see Jack with a goofy grin on his face.

"Holy shit, you gave me a heart attack," I exclaim hitting him with my pillow. He laughs and shelters his face.

"You get scared wayyy to easy," He claims. Putting my pillow back, I see him take a piece of gum from the packet on my bed. "Yeah sure have some," I say.

"Thanks," he winks. "Oh and I'd put your clothes in the wardrobe, otherwise you're going to have no room to sleep," He says getting up and motioning me to follow him.

"Wardrobe?" I echo as he leads me to this automatic door that looked like polished wood.

"Watch this," He says as the door starts to open. He lifts his hands up and acts as if he was using the force to open it.

"The force is strong with this one," I mutter with my hand over my mouth to try and sound like Darth Vader. We both laugh before walking through the door and into this lounge area with a few couches and a table in it.

Inside was Daniel, Corbyn and Eben, who were playing a game of cards on the table. "Hey Eben, haven't seen you in ages," I say giving him a fist bump.

"Good to see you again Kels," he grins as Jack slides open a door in the back wall that lead to the wardrobe that was already cramped with clothes. "Good luck putting you're shit in there," Eben says.

I scoff. "Thanks, I'll need it."

-/-/-

We had arrived in Cincinnati Ohio by now, and the boys had just finished doing their sound checks. I sit on the stage with my legs hanging off of it as Corbyn comes and sits by my side. "You feeling ready?" I ask him, swinging my feet.

He nods vigorously. "I was born ready."

"Is that so?" I ask with a slight laugh.

"Very much so," He says just as Jonah comes onto the stage.

"There you two are," He says. "Are you ready to ask Eben?" Jonah asks. I raise an eyebrow as he puts his hand out, helping me up.

"What're we asking Eben?" Corbyn and Jonah look at each other and then back to me.

"We wanna ask if he wants to open for us," Jonah explains. My eyes light up and a smile appears on my lips.

"Oh my gosh yes! He's gonna loose his shit," I say as all three of us head backstage to go find the rest of the boys. After a few minutes we had all grouped up behind the stage, and Eben was obviously confused as to why we were all crowding him with Corbyn filming on his phone.

"Guys what's going on?" He asks with an eyebrow raised.

Corbyn then turns the camera on, and they all start talking to it. "So, we have a surprise for Eben right now," Zach says before they rush up, calling his name as Daniel hugs onto him.

"So we just wanna tell you something," Daniel says as Eben stares at us all confused. "We're in Cincinnati, and we know you live here," he babbles.

"Yeah?" Eben says with us all waiting with anticipation.

"We know you've been working bro, and we know that you have a set list..." Daniel continues.

"Everyone has been asking us who's going to open for the tour," Jonah chips in. Eben looks as if he knows what was about to happen, because he raises his hands to his face and groans in disbelief.

"You should open," Jack says putting a hand on his shoulder. Eben's mouth turns into an 'o' as he turns to us all.

"Are you serious?!" He asks as all the boys and I start cheering while Eben's smile grows.

"Is that a yes?" Corbyn asks. All Eben does is nod.

"He said yes!" I cheer hugging him as the boys jump around.

This was going to be a good tour.

-/-/-

Technically I didn't post late because it's 11:24pm on Friday, and I post Friday's. ALSO, sorry if this is shit, I'm tryinggg.

TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE IS THE ACTUAL SHIT. I AM IN LOVE WITH PETER KAVINSKY A LITTLE TO MUCH, AND I HAVE ZERO REGRETS ABOUT IT.