Chapter 5

I was sitting on the floor, playing with my blocks when I got a text.

"Hey Ev, it's Nathan. Can you meet me at the park in half an hour?"

I stared at my phone, not knowing what to do. I got up and took off my clothes. I slipped on some old, ripped up jeans and one of Dane's old t-shirts.

I walked into the kitchen and looked at Dane, working on his computer. "Hey, I'm gonna go for a drive."

"Are you in little space at all?" He looked up at me.

I shook my head and pushed my tounge against my lip piercings.

He nodded, "Be safe, call if you need anything."

I nodded and grabbed my keys. I climbed into my car and sighed, I had no idea what I was doing. I started it up and started driving towards the park.

Nathan was part of Eric's gang, but he was good. When Eric would hit me, Nathan was there. When Eric shot me, Nathan was the one who called 911.

I wanted to know what he wanted, I was scared. It had been a few days since Eric was arrested, could the Rum gang want revenge? None of them had seen me. If they had, I would have alot more issues.

I pulled into the parking lot and found a spot. Once I parked the car I looked around. It was Monday at noon, so the place was deserted. I saw curly red hair over near the swing set.

I got out and walked over, I knew that curly mess anywhere.

"Nathan," He turned to me and smiled wide.

"Ev!" He jumped up from where he was sitting and picked me up, hugging me close.

I giggled and wrapped my arms around his neck. He was almost as tall as Dane, he had lean muscle, his skin was covered in freckles, and of course he had that fiery red hair.

"Ev, you have no idea how much I've missed you." He smiled down at me.

I smiled back, "I can tell by the way you're squeezing me."

"Sorry!" He laughed and set me down.

I giggled and adjusted my clothes. "So, why did you want to meet?"

His smile dropped and he looked away. "Eric has sent the guys out for you. He's going to get the death penalty, he said he wants to see his honey be before he goes."

I shook my head and put my hands on my hips, no fucking way. "I'm not his fucking honey bee. He probably wants money or drugs. He probably wants me to find a way to sneak him out. I already helped him break free once, but this time is different. I'm not blinded by love for him anymore. I'm actually in love with someone else."

"I know, he gets the chair Sunday morning. Just lay low until then."

I couldn't help but smile. "Gets the chair? Nate, what century are you in?"

He gasped, "How dare you speak to me like that!" He grabbed my sides and tickled me.

I squealed and giggled, trying to break free, but my back was up against the tree.

"Okay okay! I'm sorry!" I giggled and smacked his hands away.

He smiled and pulled away. "Have you been taking care of yourself?" He grabbed my arms and looked them over. "No new cuts here." He lifted up my shirt and frowned. "These are newer, but pretty old."

I looked down, "I have ones that are only a few days old... My upper thighs. The guy I'm with has no idea that I've done it recently."

Nathan sighed and looked into my eyes firmly. "I want you to come back and live with me. I can take better care of you, get you clean again."

I shook my head, "Nate, I love this guy. I haven't told him yet, but I will. And I will tell him about the cutting. I promise."

He nodded and looked around. "I gotta go, just text or call if you ever need me."

I nodded and he left. I slowly walked back to my car and got in.

I made my way back home, thinking about how to tell Dane. I had cut the night we got home from the whole Eric thing. I snuck out of my crib in the middle of the night and broke open a razor. I had used the broken blade to slice my upper thighs over and over.

I pulled into the driveway and parked. Dane was standing out on the porch with his hands on his hips, I was in trouble.

Fucking hell, I was emotionally wiped from my talk with Nathan. I got out of the car and walked up to Dane.

"What did I do now officer?" I walked by him and went into the house.

"We need to have a serious discussion." The tone of his voice scared me a bit.

I kicked off my shoes and dropped my keys on the counter. I turned to him and looks up into his eyes. "What about?"

"What the hell is this?" He held up the small broken blade that I had used the other night.

I was screwed.

"It's a blade from a razor." I put my hands on my hips.

"Show me where you cut. Now." He set the blade down and folded his arms.

I sighed and lifted up my shirt, "These were before I got in my car the night you found me." I pulled down my pants just enough to show the tops of my thighs. "The night after you arrested Eric. Go ahead and tell all you want." I fixed my clothes and went to the livingroom. I plopped down on the couch and rubbed my temples.

"Ev, I'm not going to yell. But I am putting you on lockdown. You will sleep in my bed at night and only sleep in your crib during nap time. I'm buying you an electric shaver, no more razors with blades. I hate to see you hurt yourself, understand?"

I nodded and he sat next to me, pulling me into his lap. I sighed and layed my head against his chest. I wished I could stop myself from harming, but I always seemed to go back to it.

"Dane?" I nuzzled my face against his chest.

"Hm?" He rubbed my back lazily, he was falling asleep.

I looked down, "I think I'm in love with you."