Chapter 7

I closed my eyes and let the water pour over me. The heat relaxing my tense muscles.

Today was my first solo gig. There was a drummer, bassist and electric guitar player set up to play with me, but it was just me. I had never gone solo before.'EV' was what was on the flyers, I was so nervous. I also never sing completely by myself, I had only been background.

I sighed and shut off the water, I got out and dried off completely. I wrapped the towel around my waist and made my way to my room.

I had to look good as fuck.

I pulled on some black boxers and dug through my closet. I found some black Jean's with tips all over and low hanging straps. I slid them on and dug around some more. I pulled on a ripped up black t-shirt and a black leather jacket.

I sat on a chair and slipped on some socks and my old, beat-up doc martens.

I changed out my basic jewelry with more decorative ones and put on some mascara.

I walked out to the livingroom and found Dane on the couch, playing candy crush on his phone. I hugged him from behind and nuzzled my face into his neck.

"Dat game lame." I giggled against his skin.

"You hush. Ready to go?" He turned and looked me over, he smiled slightly. "Good enough to eat," He kissed my cheek, causing me to blush.

"C'mon daddy, les goooo!"

He chuckled and got up, grabbing what he needed.

The entire car ride I was jittery, shaking my leg and biting my lip. There was three bands before me, I was the main event. I just hoped the bands before me were good so they could get the crowd warmed up.

Dane pulled into the lot and parked, I took a deep breath and got out. We made our way in through the back. I was told the third band had just begun their set, so I had some time to prepare.

I sat down and rubbed my cheeks, it was going to be okay.

I chugged some water and before I knew it, I was up. The other band had already cleared their set.

"I love you Ev, you're gonna do great." Dane kissed my cheek and gave me a quick squeeze.

"I love you too," I smiled and slowly walked out on stage.

It was pitch black, just like I had planned. The music started and I gripped the microphone. I gave a thumbs up to the tech guys and took a deep breath.

"I can't wait to see your brilliant face!"
Lights flash
"Light up the room around the pillowcase."
Lights flash
"She said, 'Can you come over to my LA place?
I got something to tell you, and it just can't wait.'"
Lights blast on
"When I showed up you held the door in tears
Sat on the couch under the chandeliers
You said you're having a baby and before I could cry
You're leaving me just when I thought you were mine"

"But I don't see your face
Taken by the one-hearted race home now
But, don't tell your other man
I got a hell of a plan"
Lights begin to flash
"Failing lights amass one hundred sleepless nights
And I might be holding on too tight
But there is a beast in my heart and he won't let you leave alive
Lights soften
Nightmares
No longer wait for sleep
Crawl on the ground on both your hands and knees
Just like a lion and you're the queen of the pride
And we will feast together 'til the bones are dry

But I don't see your face
Oh, no
Taken by the one-hearted race home now
But don't tell your other man
He's not a part of the plan

Failing lights amass one hundred sleepless nights
And I might be holding on too tight
But there is a beast in my heart and he won't let you leave alive

Do you still love me? I am dying to know
Or did you forget what we shared?
Out of sight, out of mind, I was never even there

Failing lights, amass one hundred sleepless nights
And I might be holding on too tight
But there is a beast in my heart and he won't let you leave alive

This is the price you'll pay
Thoughts in your head that will never die

So don't you forget what we had
It's like I was never even there

Go!"

As the music stopped I looked up to the crowd, sweaty and out of breath. They screamed and threw their fists up. They loved it!

"Put your fucking hands up!" I screamed.

I smiled and went into the rest of the set.

I preformed Wilson by Fall out Boy, Bite my Tounge by You Me at Six, and a few others. I finished out the set with Teenagers by My Chemical Romance.

I panted and smiled, looking out at the screaming crowd. The rest it was a blur. Before I knew it, Dane and I were back home.

Pipsqueak jumped up on me and licked my face, making me squeal with joy. I was so happy that I had instantly gone into little space.

"Baby boy, you were amazing!" Dane picked me up and hugged me tight. I giggled and nuzzled my face into his neck.

"Tank yew so much fo setting it up! Yew da bes!!" I smiled and clung to him tightly.

There was no place I would rather be in the whole world.