Chapter 1: Dazed

Edit: I wrote this story back before Season 3 started coming out. So the setting for this is right after Season 2 where Sangwoo was incarcerated and put to death for his crimes.

Sangwoo's house had been lonely up until now. It's not as if Sangwoo had any relatives to come and claim the place, so as long as Bum kept paying the utilities, no one would try to intervene on him squatting there. It was an empty dark time for him after Sangwoo's sentence had been carried out, but for some reason Bum had yet to end his life.

Perhaps if he had been in his right mind he would have. However, following the death of his owner and lover, Yoon Bum was lost, wandering the streets like a fearful lonely child. It was unclear how long this delirium lasted, as he'd stopped keeping track of days and hours long ago, but during that time, someone had found him. He had ignored your words of concern at first, staring off in the distance; but with a little coaxing, he had let you take him by the arm. The moment his reverie had broken into clarity was the instant he felt your warm coat draped around his shoulders. And suddenly your nameless blurred face came into focus. The person before him wasn't what he would call a model, but there was a definite appeal in your kind features. 'Wait... what did she just say?'

"Are you alone? Are you out here all by yourself?"

He finally looked into the eyes of the stranger and nodded slowly.

It appeared that his house wouldn't be so empty anymore...

------------------------

It seemed to Yoon Bum that during his long deep reflection, he had realized something. That perhaps he'd been pursuing love the wrong way all this time. He was convinced no one would ever love and keep him the way Sangwoo did again. However, he had learned a valuable lesson from that ordeal. Somehow, despite being so cruel and despicable, Sangwoo had still managed to hold onto him all that time. It was a fascinating circumstance, but Bum knew there had to be some substance to his madness. Consistently he had always been able to bring home beautiful women. He had killed them all, of course- every last one. But... what if he hadn't... If Bum were to recreate Sangwoo's affairs, but not finish the job... he would have someone to love him, wouldn't he? Yoon Bum knew he was a murderer, that there was nothing remotely redeeming about himself, so he had decided. There was only one way to keep you to himself.

Along the way, Bum had convinced himself that he was more merciful than Sangwoo. He would never dream of cutting you or stringing you up by the neck for fun. It was only as punishment when you tried to misbehave or escape. It was his perfect domestic fantasy, what he always wanted. It was just going to take some time for you to get used to it.