Chapter 8

The antagonist?

3 years ago.

His eyes were burning with anger and sadness as he clutches his bag tightly and left their house, not even wanting to look back at his unsupportive parents. He slams the front door shut, hearing screams and shouts from his father. Yoongi had tears about to erupt from his eyes any second now, but he didn't let them fall down.

“I hate all of you,” He whispers to himself, taking heavy steps away from their home. Inside his bag were his clothes, some money that he had saved for his future, and things that are very important to him.

It was night time, and the streets were empty. He could've left the house when the sun rises but he cannot take all the harsh things that they say to him. He had enough of it. Yoongi doesn't plan on locking himself inside his room forever, so, he decided to move out and never ever come back again.

Suddenly, a harsh pull from behind made him jolt on his spot. He gasped when he felt something sharpㅡa knifeㅡgot pointed somewhere around his neck. He arched his head back and breathed heavily. The unfamiliar voice utters something next to his ears, “Hand your bag over, or else I'll kill you,” He groaned when he felt the knife deepen against his skin.

“You fücker,” He let out a mocking laugh, before closing his eyes and adding, ”Kill me then, it's not like I want to live my life anymore.”

The man wearing a black hoodie, and a facemask, hesitantly stabbed Yoongi on his lower abdomen. He felt the knife go under his flesh, it was painful. It wasn't like those uncountable scars that he makes whenever he's depressed and down. It was different, he felt like he was finally going to die.

Yoongi lost his grip on his bag, and his body slowly fell down the cold pavement. He hears the guy search for something inside his bag, but when the man felt that there was someone around the area, he ran away with Yoongi's bag, leaving him with nothing at all. No clothes, no money, no nothing. Just a painful injury.

He laughed, because even though this physical wound makes him hurt, there's still nothing more painful than his parents scolding and neglecting him ever since. He slowly closed his eyes, feeling lots and lots of blood gush out. He felt weak, he felt bad for himself, he lost all of his hopes.

“Oh my God!” Another unfamiliar voice echoes through the empty streets, it was a man again. He hears the person rush beside his laying, shaky, and weakened state. The person pulls out his phone and dials, “Hello? It's an emergency, I saw someone laying down the sidewalk at the F. Third streetㅡyes, he has an injury. I think he got stabbedㅡplease come here immediately, he needs medical assistance as soon as possible.”

With all the remaining force that he had on his body, he opened his eyes again and looked up at the stranger who kindly offered him some help. “W-Why? Just l-let me die,” He lets out a shaky breath, his poor body losing all the energy that he has.

“Come on, don't say that. Don't worry, the ambulance will come soon enough,” The guy assured him, sending him a warm smile. Yoongi didn't know why the man helped him. “You'll be fine.”

He cried out, not being fond with this kind of treatment, “Why a-are you d-doing this? You d-don't even know me and y-yet you want t-to help me,” He sniffs, making the guy's gaze soften at his words. “A-And there g-goes my f-family, not e-even caring about m-me and w-wishing that I d-die soon,” The person frowned hearing all of those things from him, it made his heart break.

The stranger places his hands through Yoongi's hair and strokes it slowly, “Shh. Just stay silent, it will all be better. Even if your family abandoned you...” He trails off, feeling pity for the poor boy. “I'm here. I may not know you, but I'm willing to help you no matter what. I mean, I can't just let a guy die here. I just like helping others, okay?”

Yoongi finally felt happy, knowing that nice people like him exist on this cruel and judgemental planet Earth. The guy smiles and then looks directly through his puffy and reddish eyes.

My name's Kim Seokjin.”

-

Oh look, I finally updated.
I deeply apologize for the long wait!

This chapter makes me soft
and I don't know why.
I'm shipping Yoongi and Jin from
now on, hehe.

Hope you loved this chapter.
Tysm for patiently waiting, Ilysm. :') ❤