Chapter 9

The victim.

3 years ago.

A cold breeze enters the room and sends shivers down his spine. He smiles warmly and looks down to the person laying down the bed, “You'll be discharged later. The doctors told me that it's all better now. It's a good thing that your wound wasn't that deep.”

The boy avoids eye contact and fiddles with his fingers, “T-Thank you, for all o-of your help,” He bites his lip and then takes a deep breath. “Thank you, Jin.”

Seokjin laughs and then playfully hits Yoongi's shoulders, “You've said that a lot of times now,” He replies. “But, you're welcome and it's my pleasure.”

Yoongi didn't even try to respond. He was still shocked about everything that happened about a week ago. Well, Jin is more shocked than him. He didn't know that Yoongi and him would be friends after the horrible incident that night. He got to talk to Yoongi and know more about his life. He knew that his parents have hated him, and he felt bad hearing those.

“I told some of our maids to prepare your room when we come home today. I made sure that everything you needed was there as well,” Jin patted his head and smiles charmingly. “As I told you, you could stay at our house in the meantime. You could also help us on our family business, and we'll pay you so that you could save up money for yourself again.”

“Thank you so much for being so kind to me,” He bows down. “I don't deserve this. I don't even know how I'll repay you.”

-

One year later.

Everything was going smoothly and according to the plan. Yoongi was working hard for himself, and to help Jin's family. Seokjin's mother and father were delighted to meet Yoongi. They've took care of him as if he was their real child. Jin didn't really have siblings, that's why he liked Yoongi's presence around the houseㅡit made him feel like he finally had a bestfriend.

But Seokjin's attitude towards Yoongi changed when he felt that his parent's attention were too focused on Yoongi only. They barely had time alone with Jin, and when they do, they'll just ramble about how good Yoongi is to them. It was okay for Jin, because Yoongi was being a good person. But as time passed by, he got sick of it. Hearing his parents compliment and care for Yoongi made his heart broke down in pieces.

“Yoongi this. Yoongi that. Everything's all about, Yoongi, Yoongi, Yoongi,” Jin throws the utensils on the floor, losing his appetite to eat dinner. He stands up and ruffles his hair in annoyance. “I feel like I'm not even your child anymore. I feel like you guys don't even care about me anymore.”

“Seokjin, it's not like that. You know that your dad and I loves you very very much, right? Don't say such things.”

Jin clenched his fists, “I don't wanna eat anymore,” He walks away and heads upstairs to his room. He hears his supportive parents call out to him but he didn't even bother to look at them. He slams his bedroom's door shut, hearing worried voices down there coming from his father. Seokjin had tears about to erupt from his eyes any second now, and he let them fall down.

A sudden knock filled his quiet and gloomy room. Seconds pass and somebody entered inside, he knew who it was already. “Jin, can we talk abㅡ”

“Yoongi, can you please just stay away from me? You're starting to ruin my life,” Jin grits his teeth in anger, not really wanting to wipe off tears that are flowing continuously from his eyes.

Taken aback by Jin's words, Yoongi looks down and gave him a short nod, “Okay then. I'll leave this house, right now. I know you're mad at me, and I'm sorry,” He mumbles. “But can you please respect your parents? They love you, so much. You can't just turn your back at them like that.”

“Who are you to tell me such things?” Jin faces him.

“I'm... a person you saved from dying, one year ago,” Yoongi licks his bottom lip. “I know you've done nice things for me. But can I just say that you're an immature and selfish guy? Just because your parents like me doesn't mean that they don't love you anymore.”

“I should've let you die and rot back then.”

“Too bad you didn't.”

“After all I've done for you.. I gave you food, shelter, clothes, and a decent work, and this is what you do to me? You take away my parents and divert their attention to you?”

“I don't know what you're saying. I am not diverting their attention, Jin. You're being paranoid.”

“You know what? That's it, get the fück out of our house and never come back or even show up in front of my face,” Jin shouts. “Our friendship ends here.”

“Alright,” Yoongi's voice cracked.

From now on, you're just a stranger to me.”

-

DUN, DUN, DUN DUNNN.

I don't know whether I should
continue this or not,
I've lost track of the plot and
likeㅡI don't even know what
to do next. Haha, I hate this.

Welp, thanks for reading though!
I hope you liked the chapter! ❤