Chapter Two

(Next Morning)

Jasper

     I wait in the kitchen while I drink my coffee. I watch as everyone finally piles in, Tina last. "Tina?"

     "Yes, Jae?" She sits next to me.

     "I'll accept the adoption..."

     "YEAH WHOOOOOO!" Lucas yells and hugs me. "Another brother!"

     I laugh and hug everyone, still unsure. "So...about this summer...I want to go see Hunter."

     "I don't think we have enough money, sweetie...someone would have to go with you."

     I nod. "Yeah, okay...that's okay..." I go to my room and dial Hunter's number. I realize he's probably asleep when it goes to voicemail. I wish time would change... I lay down and sigh as I close my eyes, wishing for Hunter to be by my side. I miss him so god damn much... I look at my phone as it starts buzzing to see Hunter calling me.

     "It's late..." He mumbles as I pick up.

     "I know, I'm sorry...I forgot you would be sleeping..."

     "I'll forgive you...what's up, Jazz?"

     "I miss you."

     "I miss you too, sugar...but I want you to know that I need beauty sleep..." He chuckles. "And you need to hang out with some friends of your own."

     "I don't feel like it. I didn't really make friends anyways."

     "How many friends do you have over there?"

     "Like...four?"

     "Then call them-"

     "Hunter...they're all busy with their significant others...no one is gonna hang out with a loser like me."

     He sighs. "You are not a loser."

     I smile. "I know...I just wanted to hear you be protective."

     He laughs. "I love you, now go have fun."

     "I love you too...g'night..." I hang up and grin like a fool as I curl up in bed. 

(Morning)

Hunter

     I go downstairs and see someone sitting on the couch, reading.

     She turns and smiles.

     "Miya!" I smile as she gets up and hugs me. "Back after visiting your cool friends...how was it?"

     "Not as cool as it is staying here." She giggles. "Is it going to be weird if I stay here? Isn't Jasper coming home at some point?"

     "I'm not sure, but no." I sigh. "I need coffee." I head to the kitchen and start making a pot of coffee. "So was it fun?"

     "It was full of hangovers..."

     "I'm going to politely take that as a no." I laugh and sigh again. "It's not too hot this year, thank god."

     "Thank god my ass, I need to go visit Canada."

     We laugh for hours until my phone starts buzzing.

     I look at the screen to see Jasper calling and answer. "Hey, just because I got mad you didn't call-"

     "I called to tell you something..."

     "Jazz?"

     "I'm going to get adopted tomorrow."

     "That's great!"

     "It is, isn't it?"

     "Why don't you sound excited?"

     "I can't visit you this summer..."

     My face falls. "Oh..."

     "And your mom said she's still thinking right? Hunter, I don't think we can-"

     "Don't finish that thought. We will keep trying, okay?"

     He sniffles. 

     "Baby, I'm sorry..."

     "I've gotta go-" He hangs up.

     "Miya, you're welcome to stay here for as long as you need, okay?" I face her and get caught in a hug. "Thanks..." I mumble.

     "No problem, big bro."

     I wake up in the middle of the night, sweating. I groan as I get up and take a shower, feeling my body relax from the wicked nightmare. I miss you, Jasper...everyday. I stay in the shower from a few minutes more before getting out and getting dressed in clean clothes. I change my sheets and get back to bed, my energy drained.

Jasper

     I sit at a table, being asked questions about my father in a private room while my family waits outside. I feel tears sting my eyes as I describe the way I was treated and how it affected me. "Can I take a minute? Please?" I step outside and breathe deeply, not wanting to be here any longer. I check my phone to see a message from Hunter a few minutes ago.

               Hunter: Good luck and kick ass XOXO!       7:36am

I smile and go back inside, finally finishing up. I send a text right after.

               Jasper: I finished and thank you for

                                giving me the courage.         8:01am

I know he won't see it, but a warmth creeps into my heart as we get home. He takes care of me in ways I wouldn't expect...damn him... I smile and look at some photos of us, feeling lighter than ever about our relationship. He's so good to me...

Author's Note

     Weird ending in my opinion, but finally up! There you guys go and look forward to the chapters ahead.