Chapter Six

Hunter

     I sit next to Jasper on the bed with my arm around him as he rests for a bit. I've been awake, waiting for an hour for Shawn to arrive. I shake Jasper lightly and he wakes up as Shawn knocks on the door upon entrance.

     "Oh my god, Jae. You're actually in the hospital..." He sits in one of the chairs and his eyes flicker over to me. "Who..."

     Jasper sits up and yawns. "Shawn...this is my boyfriend, Hunter. He is the reason I'm against  finding someone else."

     He goes wide eyed and looks back and forth from us. "Whoa...I did not know that my best friend was gay."

     I chuckle and kiss Jasper's cheek, which makes him as red as a tomato. "Yeah, but it was obvious for me to know about him."

     Shawn laughs while Jazz looks confused.

     "What was obvious?"

     I laugh. "How cute you are." I hug him and smile. "So you're Shawn...good to know how pressing you are."

     "Hunter, stop." Jasper says.

     "No no. He's right, I did press." Shawn says, accepting his rude manners.

     I sigh as I lay down.

     Jazz looks at me. "Rest. You need it." He covers me up and turns back to Shawn. "So, what's up with you?"

     "Hunter, visiting hours ending an hour ago. C'mon."

     I open my eyes and smile as I see Jasper. "Hey..."

     "Hunter." Dylan says from the doorway.

     I sit up and sigh. "Okay. Okay." I stand up and walk over to Dylan. "I'll see you tomorrow night when you get home, yeah?" I ask before leaving, not waiting for an answer.

Jasper

     I wake up in the morning and feel paper in my hand. I look to see it's a note from Hunter.

Didn't think you'd want me around so I went to your house.

-Hunter

     I sigh and put the note on the table and check my phone. Nothing. Is he really just giving me space? I sigh again and lay down and snuggle into the covers. I shouldn't worry about it...

     "Did someone order coffee?" Lucas comes in with some coffee from a cafe I visited when I first got to Austria.

     I look up and smile. "You're a life saver." I sit up and gladly drink the coffee. "Thanks, little brother."

     "Dad is here, but he won't come in to the hospital. He said he'd wait until I call to see how long I can stay."

     "Um..." I sigh. "A couple hours. Tell him to come by at 1:pm."

     "Alright." He goes out of the room to call our dad.

     My phone buzzes and I look at it.

               Hunter: Do you want me to come by?       -11:17am

I put it down as Lucas comes back in.

     "Waiting on Hunter?"

     "He's waiting on me...but I don't really want to be in the same room right now."

     "What happened?"

     "I just feel claustrophobic with him when I'm vulnerable...I shouldn't talk to you about this."

     "Then...let's talk about me...I got asked out on a date..."

     "Really? By whom?"

     "A girl. Her name is Jina. She's cute..."

     "Is she hot?"

     "I don't know yet." He sits next to me. "Do you like Austria?"

     "Yeah. It's interesting."

     "I'd rather be in America..."

     "Why's that?"

     "Then you wouldn't have to be away from Hunter."

     I smile and hug him. "You dummy...stay in Austria, but come visit when I move back, okay?"

     "Will you come visit?"

     I nod. "I will try my best." I let go and sigh. "So what drama happened on the last day of school?"

Author's Note

     It took me 20 minutes to put 200 words here and 500 words on a new chapter so, look out for it. I really am proud of the next chapter.