Chapter Fourteen

Hunter

     I sigh as I wait for my flight and recap everything that just happened.

     "I don't feel like I'm good enough...I feel like my body looks wrong or bad a-a-and-" He wraps his arms around himself.

     I touch his cheek and he lets himself sob and cry as I pull him to my chest. "Jasper...you are perfect the way I see you..." I whisper. "I love you for you, you don't need to change for me."

     He quiets down and I rub his back. 

     "Shh..." I coo as he starts up again. "You're okay..."

     I groan and get up as I walk outside and hail a taxi. I give him directions and next thing I know, I'm sitting on Jasper's porch with my head in my hands. I don't move when the front door opens, but doesn't shut.

     "Hunter?"

     I turn and look up to see Dylan.

     "What happened to going home?"

     "I..." I sigh and shake my head.

     "I'll go get Jay, okay?"

     I nod as he disappears inside. I stand up and put down my luggage as Jasper appears, still waking up.

     "Hun...ter?" He looks up at me. "Hunter!" He runs into my arms and I hug his small body. "Wh-wh-"

     I run my hand through his hair. "None of that right now." I look at his face and kiss his forehead. "I'll stay in a hotel, okay?"

     "No way." He clings onto me tighter.

     "Hey, Jazz?"

     He looks up.

     "Let's call my mom and ask if we can move here."

     "Don't be crazy."

     "What's to a new country than a new city?"

     "Hunter, you can't just-"

     "Jasper, I'm kidding...but we're calling to ask if I can move here."

     "Hunter!"

     I don't say anything.

     "You can't just move here, that's crazy!"

     "Hey. Lower your voice." I pinch his cheek.

     He whines and buries his face into my chest.

     "Cutie."

     "Hunter?"

     "What?"

     "Let's go home together once I buy my ticket, okay?"

     "Stop joking around..."

     "Just for the summer."

     "Jazz-"

     "Please..."

     "I don't know, baby...maybe..."

     I sigh as I lay in bed with Jazz's head on my chest, fast asleep since Dylan did wake him up at two in the morning. I really would move here with him and I know he would move back home with me if he could...but it so sudden... "Hey, Jasper...what do you think of marrying me?" I mumble to myself.

     He suddenly sits up and looks at me with wide eyes. "What?"

     I sit up. "You were awake?"

     He smiles. "Yes and I think I like the idea."

     "Idea of what?"

     "Saying I do."