Chapter Twelve

Jasper

     I lean back against Hunter as he rubs my stomach. "Thank you for taking care of me..."

     "I don't mind." He kisses the tops of my head and smiles. "I like the feeling of being able to help you when things don't go quite right."

     "Can you stay a bit longer?"

     "I don't think so, baby..." He sighs and wraps his arms around my waist.

     I smile when the movie ends. "Can we talk on the phone more?"

     He nods. "I think that's a given." He kisses my ear and I shiver. "So, catch me up on everything that you want to do this summer."

     "Let's see...talk to you, hang out with you, hang out with you, hang-"

     "Besides me."

     "Um...read, go hiking, go on a road trip with you, make new friends, get a job..."

     "That sounds good."

     "What about you?"

     "I'm going to go look at some apartments with my mom."

     "Are you moving?"

     "Yeah...mom and I are moving to Chicago..."

     My eyes widen as I turn and face him. "Chicago!?"

     He relocates me on his lap. "Yeah, her job moved and she's getting a raise and I'm getting a fresh start in a big city, but homeschooled."

     "That's amazing except the homeschooled part..."

     "I wanted that part." He kisses me softly, making the kiss last.

     I pull away and look him in the eyes. He doesn't want to talk about it... "I'm sorry..."

     "For what?"

     "Leaving..."

     "Jasper, you didn't have a choice."

     "Hunter-"

     "I'll come back before school starts again, okay? I promise. I'll get a job after we move and save up for a ticket and stay with you for another couple of weeks, okay?"

     I nod and hug him. "I love you, Hunter..."

     "I love you too, Jazz."

     I wake up and hear a zipper. I sit up to see that I'm in my room and Hunter just finished packing. "When do you leave?"

     He looks up, startled. "Hey, baby..."

     "When do you leave?" I ask again.

     "2:am." He smiles at me. "That means I get another full day with my lovely boy."

     I blush and smile at him. "I wish it was more..."

     "I think we all do."

     "I don't." Lucas says as he walks past the open door. "You're a good guy, don't get me wrong, but I need my bro!"

     I laugh and get up. "I'm going to take a shower and I'll see you in a bit." I peck his lips and take a quick shower before getting dressed and going to my parents room. "Mom?"

     She comes out of her bathroom. "Hey, what's the plan?"

Author's Note

     Cliff hanger! Do you hate me yet?          -Love Tobias.