Chapter Ten

Jasper

     I freeze where I'm at. I finally start to change our bedding, not saying anything.

     "Jasper?"

     "What?" I snap.

     "Why are you snappy all of a sudden?" He asks with a calm voice which makes me relax.

     "I'm fine." I leave the room with the dirty bedding and put it in the washer. I jump when I hear Hunter speak behind me.

     "Jazz...talk to me..."

     I face him after turning on the washer. "Why the hell would you move here?"

     "To be with you...you seem to like it here and we don't have to go visiting old memories that are painful."

     I back myself against the wall as tears fill my eyes. "That's a good point, but how..." I take a deep breath as I start to shake. "How do you know we'll work through this!?" I shout and start to cry.

     "Jasper..." He hugs me and holds me to his chest. "Jasper. Jasper. Jasper..." He mumbles against my shoulder. "I love you so much...don't you see and feel that?"

     "I..." I start to hyperventilate, knowing I'm about to have a panic attack.

     He makes me sit down before rushing out of the room and coming back with my inhaler that I've rarely used since I moved. He helps me use it and rubs my back before rubbing my chest and abdomen. "Are you okay?"

     I nod and wrap my arms around his neck as he stands with me sitting on his hips. I breathe deeply as I lay my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes and let a few more tears slip down my cheeks.

     "Let's eat something and just talk calmly, okay?" He whispers and continues to rub my back as he carries me to the kitchen, but stops in the living room. "Hi..."

     I look up to see my mom and dad coming in. I lay my head back down and suddenly feel dizzy. "Hunter..."

     "What is it, babe?"

     "Dizzy..."

     He carefully sets me on the couch and feels my forehead. "Okay..." He rushes around and finally takes my hoodie off and put a wet cloth on my forehead. "Breathe..." He puts a hand on my bare stomach.

     I breathe deeply, trying to fight off the dizziness. "Hunter..."

     "Yes?"

     "S-s-stop..." I hold his hand by his side and open my eyes. "Just stop."

     "You're about to pass out Jazz, I can't just-"

     "Hunter. Sit down." I say and he obeys. "Just calm down. I'll be okay." I stand up and face my parents. "I need to walk around...outside...where are the twins?"

     Hunter rushes to my side when I sway to the left, almost falling. He looks me in the eyes and picks me up bridal style. "Turn the heat down, please...he's overheating." I carry him outside and instantly shiver at the swift breeze. He sits on the porch with me and lays me  down on the cold concrete of the porch.

     I cling to him. not liking the sudden cold, hard surface. I close my eyes and curl up. I feel him rub my arm and just sit there with me by his side. "You really meant it..."

     "Meant what?"

     "That you'd stick by my side no matter what..."

     "I know...I love you too much to let you go...but if you let go, then that's that."