WHY CAN'T ANYTHING GO RIGHT FOR ONCE?

Warning: homophobia/slurs

Today, Tyler is depressed. He doesn't want to talk, he wants to be left alone. He doesn't want the dinner you're offering him, so stop offering it. Leave him be, he doesn't want company. Why was his chest hurting? Nothing bad had happened to him. What caused this? Tyler needs to know.

Today, Tyler is depressed. Don't bother knocking on his bedroom door, he'll snap at you, anger in his eyes, furious words spilling from his mouth uncontrollably. Don't ask him if he's okay; he's is okay, he's just not fantastic, not happy. Everyone else's okay's are his fantastic's, he supposes. Let the uncomfortable bed consume his uncomfortable body. Tyler knows you're worried, but please don't push him to go outside and run around in the neighbourhood, you know, have fun? Like teenagers are supposed to.

Today, Tyler is depressed. Let him push his food around the plate when you ask him, "what's wrong, dear?"  Don't you know by now? Don't you know he'll tell you there's nothing to be concerned about, that he's just tired? He doesn't want to smile, please let him be this way without questioning it.

Tomorrow, Tyler will be depressed. It's a cycle, he knows this. All of the books say he just needs to find a lover, and he'll be happy again. Tyler had been wanting a dog for the longest time, when he got one, he didn't feel any better. Maybe this was how life was going to be now. He doesn't want a lover, he wants his brain back! There's no point in hoping that he'll feel joyful the next day, he already knows it's going to be the same as yesterday.

Tyler let's sadness ooze out of his pores. He let's anger seep out from his fingertips, everything he touches gets infected. That's why nobody talks to him at school besides Joshua, but Tyler feels like Josh is taking pity on him. He's ugly on the inside, disgusting, unworthy. He makes other people sad like he's some sort of disease. Tyler may as well die.

He sits on his bed trying not to scream as his brain attacks him. It hurts; he's got a migraine. His mother is sitting on the end of the bed, watching him. His skin is sickly pale, brown eyes dark and cold, hair tousled.

"Darling, get off of that phone, please. Look at me." Kelly, Tyler's mother, says with sadness in her eyes. Once again, Tyler was a gross disease, infecting others with depression.

Tyler bites his lip, turning his phone off and resting it on his blanket covered lap. He sits up slowly, migraine pounding into his skull.

"Are kids at school...bullying you? Is that what's wrong? Talk to me, baby, you've been in your room for days by yourself." Kelly mumbles softly, scooting closer to her son. Tyler sighs, turning away from her, pulling the blanket up to his chin.

"Zack, Jay, Maddy, they miss you. I miss you, dad misses you. I'm sure Joshua does too. I just want to know what's bothering you, Ty."

Tyler feels his bottom lip quiver. He's such an idiot, making his family fall apart like this. He turns back around, looking at his fingers as he picks at the skin surround them. His eyes are watery, his mother pats his back, her sweet smelling perfume filling Tyler's senses.

"N-Nobody is bullying me. I'm sorry I'm m-making you s-sad." He croaks, that one sentence uttered brings him to tears. His mother sighs sadly with her own salty tears on her cheeks. She grabs his hand, hugging him close to her chest.

"M-Ma...Ma, I'm s-sorry." Tyler sobs, tears standing his mother's maroon shirt. His migraine feels like a knife has been stuck in his brain, it feels like his eyes are popping out of his head.