Chapter Eight

Fifteen minutes later, Virgil was on his back with a prince above him. They were both panting and red faced for a moment before Roman started laughing. The emo nightmare had made the mistake of initiating a pillow fight; needless to say it didn't end well for him. "I'd say I won," Princey said with a smirk.

"Fine, you won, now get off of me," the anxious Side said, trying to shove him off. He was unsuccessful, the prince pinning his wrists to the ground as he struggled. He groaned in frustration, throwing his head back. "Come on, Roman!"

The creative Side smirked evilly. "Careful, Virgil, keep saying things like that and the other two will get suspicious that it wasn't pillow fighting that made out faces red."

That got Virgil's face to turn even redder, pulling his wrists from his grip and pushing him off. "You're sick, Princey," he muttered, hiding his face in his hoodie as he crawled under the blankets of the pillow fort.

"Aw, come on! I was just playing around, Anxiety," he said, following him. The darker Side glared at him, which honestly, Roman found adorable. He reach up, tapping the tip of his nose. "Boop!"

Virgil blinked a couple times, looking confused. "What the hell?" he asked simply, raising an eyebrow at the prince.

"Sorry, you're just adorable when you're mad," Roman admitted before turning his attention to the T.V. to hit play on the movie. He honestly didn't know what was coming over him. He usually only acted like this when...

Roman's eyes widened as he glanced at the anxious Side. The way his hair was falling over his eyes was making his heart throb. The way his voice sounded when he spoke made it flutter. He wanted to touch his face and hold him and most of all: kiss him. He hadn't realized what it was he was feeling until he focused on his thoughts, coming to the conclusion that he'd developed a crush on Anxiety.

They stayed quiet as it played, Virgil's mind running around in circles as he broke down what the prince had just done. He stared forward, eyes glazed over as he zoned out. When the creative Side glanced over, raising an eyebrow at his blank expression. I wonder what he's thinking about... he thought. Probably about how weird I've been behaving, which now that I think about it, tapping him on the nose isn't really normal for me...

"You okay, Virge?" he questioned with a small smile as he inched just a little closer to him.

The anxious Side jumped a little, snapping out of his thoughts. "Yeah, yeah, sorry, just a little... distracted... I guess," he managed.

"By what? My gorgeous smile?" Roman teased, flashing said smile in his direction.

He blushed a little, smiling nervously in response. "Sure Princey, I think I'm just tired," he said with a slight sigh. He wasn't lying; he'd been feeling extra exhausted that day for a peculiar reason. If he had to guess, it was probably from the transformation between himself and Storm. He was usually tired the day after he was a kitten.

"Well, then come here," the prince replied, wrapping an arm around him and pulling him closer. Virgil looked at him in shock, eyes widening. "This way if you fall asleep, you'll be comfy."

Roman's affectionate smile so close and aimed at him made the anxious Side's heart flutter. He smiled a little as he relaxed against him and turned his attention back to the movie. Within fifteen minutes of the two of them laying together, Virgil's form was getting heavier against the prince's and his eyes were fluttering closed.

The creative Side smiled, looking at his peaceful face. I've definitely got a crush...