Chapter Thirty-Four

Roman's eyes fluttered open after about thirty minutes and scanned the room in a daze. He hadn't needed long to heal himself and recover his energy; his palace was made to rejuvenate its inhabitants and this was the Imagination after all. His gaze landed first on the unconscious dark prince on the bed, feeling relief wash over him as he realized his breathing was deeper and steadier. His body had to be stabilizing itself with the help of his magic. The prince's gaze then moved to the other darkly dressed person in the room. Virgil was sitting in a chair to the left of him with his head tilted back and his eyes closed. He looked at peace, which made him smile, a warmth in his chest from seeing him so calm.

"Hey Virge," he breathed, making the anxious Side's eyes shoot open.

He sat up straight in his chair as he looked over at the prince with a breathless look of relief and affection. "Princey," he murmured as he stood and rushed over to him. A smile crossed Roman's lips as his hand reached up to brush his cheek as he leaned down. Virgil gripped it and kissed his knuckles with a breathy laugh. "You have no idea how worried I've been."

"Did you turn into a cat?" he asked, grinning as the anxious Side's face went red. He then shook his head bashfully as a little amused smile found its way onto his face as well. "Why didn't you tell me you were Storm?"

Virgil sighed and looked down. "I just... I liked hanging out with you without the pressure of you judging me, and I'm less anxious when I'm in that form," the darkly dressed Side explained. "That form's my flight mode I guess, which is where my instincts to run away kick in and become so intense that I hurt others, hence why I turn into a form that won't hurt anyone. The tiger on the other hand, is my fight mode, obviously for when... I want to... you know..."

He didn't even look comfortable suggesting that he enjoyed bringing pain and discomfort to others. There was something precious about that to Roman, making him pull him down onto his lap and hug him tightly.

"I'm sorry you were still nervous about talking to me, even after I learned that I needed you," the prince apologized, reaching up to run his fingers through the back of his hair. "I want you to know I don't judge you. I'm in love with you. I really, really love you, and I've been meaning to tell you... I wanted to tell you that morning but you'd disappeared."

There was a slightly tense silence in the air following his statement. His words took his breath away and made his throat close up with emotion. Tears shimmered but didn't fall as he smiled and pressed a kiss to his lips. The prince sighed against his mouth as he pulled away. "I love you too, Ro, but maybe it was a good thing Deceit took me to Namor," he said, nodding toward the dark prince. "You two clearly have some things you need to work out, and I don't have a doubt you will."

"Then maybe we could try a poly relationship?" Roman asked hopefully, smiling up at him with affection shimmering in his gaze.

Virgil's eyes widened at the suggestion, having not even thought about that. "Do you think that could work?" he asked, voice soft and hesitant. He looked like he didn't dare even consider the possibility that it would be that easy. "Would Namor... would he want that too?"

"I'll discuss it with him when he wakes up," the prince promised. "We... we do have a lot to talk about, him and I... I haven't been good..."

"No, you haven't, but you have to make it right," the anxious Side murmured, ducking his face into his neck as he cuddled closer to him. "Namor really cares about you. I could tell he was hurting whenever we talked about you, but that doesn't mean he doesn't want you."

The dark prince stirred in the bed, getting their attention. "He's waking up," Roman breathed, chewing on his lip.

"Hey, you're going to be fine," he murmured as he climbed off of him. "I'm going to try and get some rest while you guys talk this out. I want to give you guys privacy."

"It's alright, you can stay in here," he said, gesturing to the chair. "I can turn that in a bed if you want."

Virgil laughed a little. "That's not necessary, you're so extra," he teased, smiling as he settled in the chair. The prince smiled at him I return and took a deep breath as he padded over to the side of the bed, waiting for the dark prince to wake up.