Chapter Thirty-Three

The anxious Side launched himself at the snake, digging his claws into his flesh as he clawed his way up to his neck. When Roman saw what he was doing, he followed suit from behind, leaping up onto Deceit's head.

As the tiger buried his teeth into the snake's neck, the prince impaled his sword straight into the top of his head.

The beast let out a howl and then fell still. Everything was deafly silent as the snake dissolved into nothing more than yellow particles that floated off before disappearing, leaving Deceit, the Side, laying unconscious on the ground.

Roman approached him, nudging him slightly to be sure he was unconscious and not playing a trick. He was, breathing deeply and looking pained. With narrow eyes, the creative Side knelt down and hovered his hand over him. It glowed with a golden light that surrounded the unconscious Deceit as well; then he disappeared and Roman stood up to approach Virgil, who had shifted from his fight form back to his Side form.

The anxious Side was shaking slightly, looking in shock, but relieved. "I sent him back to the Dark Mind Palace," the prince explained as he took his hands in his. "They'll deal with him."

"Okay," Virgil replied shakily.

A smile crossed Roman's face as he pulled the anxious emo in for a tight hug, relieved he wasn't hurt aside from some bruises. He himself had a few cuts he'd have to bandage.

His eyes suddenly shot open at the thought of injuries, pulling away from the embrace to turn toward Namor, who was lying on the ground, not moving. "Oh god," he breathed, rushing toward him with Virgil at his side.

"Is he gonna be okay?! Is he alive?!" the anxious Side cried, tears dripping down his cheeks.

The prince knelt down, putting his hand to the dark prince's chest, feeling a faint rise and fall accompanied by a heartbeat. He sighed in relief, but his worry didn't vanish because of the many injuries Namor bore. "He's alive," he reassured Virgil shakily, carefully pulling him into his arms and caring him bridal style. "We need to get him to my palace. My healing powers are much more affective in the Dream Kingdom, and my palace has rejuvenating properties for those inside it."

"Okay, okay," the anxious Side said, swallowing as he tried to breathe.

Roman pulled him by the hand close to his chest and closed his eyes, focusing on his palace. He hated trying to teleport with other people, especially when it involves border crossing either way. It made him dizzy and tired, but he needed to get Namor to safety quickly.

With a shimmering sound, they were back in his palace. He hurried to lay the dark prince down on the bed, swaying on his feet once he was out of his arms. Virgil quickly moved to steady him.

"Roman! Are you okay?!" he asked, fear lacing his voice.

The prince nodded, shaking him off as he moved to put his hands above Namor. He focused on healing his wounds, hands glowing pink along with said wounds. The anxious Side watched in awe as the injuries slowly began to close up. Once they were completely closed, Roman fell backwards.

Virgil caught him once again, guiding him to sit down. "You need to rest," he told him, earning a tired nod from the battered prince. He pressed his lips to his forehead and moved to the other chair, feeling peace finally wash over him after what felt like a nightmare unlike anything he'd ever experienced.

His eyes traveled between the two sleeping princes, feeling his chest swell and a smile cross his lips. Things were going to be okay now.