18.

A U G U S T .

Sadly Neither Derrick Or Lani's Blood Was A Match! I Walked Out The Hospital And Went To My Car. . I Pulled The Speaker Out The Door Of My Car And Grabbed My Weed And My Swishers And Started Rolling Up. I Heard A Knock On The Passenger Door Window. I Put The Window Down And Mac Opened The The Door And Got In.

"You Good Bruh." He Asked Taking The blunt From My Hand.

"...Stressing ... I Can't Lose My Baby Mane." I Said Shaking My Head.

"You Won't...Try Calling Her Mom Again And If She Try To Hang Up ! You Get Wit' Her Ass !!!" He Said Handing Me My Phone.

I Took The Phone From His Hands And Dialed Mrs. Taylor's Number...

Hello ... She Said Answering On The 2nd Ring.

"Hey Mrs. Taylor Its August Again, I Know You Dont Like Me And I Know You Think Im Nothing But Trouble But Milan Needs You Right Now ! You Might Be Her Only Chance Too Stay Alive, She Needs A Blood Transfusion...I Said In One Breath

I'm On My Way Now ...I Left Home About 3 or 4 Hours Ago... She Said Sighing.

Alright She's At The California State Hospital... I Said Hanging The Phone Up.

*****

Eventually Me And Mac Finished Our Blunt And Headed Back Inside The Hospital. I Seen The Doctor Sitting With My Mom As She Cried.

"Momma What's Wrong" I Said As My Heart Started Beating Faster

"....Milan ....She Slipped Into A Coma." She Said Sniffling.

"Wait What, When And How !!" I Said Confused.

"It Wasn't Enough Blood Flow Happening, So She Passed Out, And Eventually She Slipped Into A Coma..." The Doctor Said Standing Up.

"Hopefully If We Get A Blood Match Within 24 Hours Then Her Blood Will Start Pumping Regularly And Hopefully She'll Wake Up.. You Can See Her If You'd Like, Room 48b." The Doctor Said Sympathetically

My Mom And Mac Went To Go See Mila While I Sat Down In One Of The Chairs And Stared At The Floor ... It Seems Like Everything Just Keeps Getting Worse & Worse. When The Came Back Into The Waiting Room I Let Out A Deep Sigh And headed To Her Room. Once I Found It I Slowly Opened The Door. She Was Hooked Up To All These Machines And Her Heart Rate Monitor Was Going Pretty Slow. I Stood Next To Her And Held Onto Her Hand... I Pulled A Chair Up Next To Her.Her Arm Was Bandaged Up And So Was Her Chest And Stomach. Her Skin Tone Was Kinda Pale But In My Eyes She Was Still Beautiful!.

"Heyy Mimi ... I Don't Even Know What To Say .. Last Time You Was Here Was To Give Birth.......Im Going Crazy In Here Baby! I Can't Think Straight, I Can't Even Talk To Somebody Without Coming At They Neck ! ... Its Terrible. But If You Can Hear Me Then I Want You To Know That I Really Do Love You And Im Sorry For Tryna Take Messiah away From You, I Guess I Just Love You So Much That I Do And Say Dumb Shit." I Said While Holding Her Hand ..Which Still Had Some Warmth To It.

I Stayed In The Room With Her A Couple More Hours, I Still Remember The First Time We Met ... Her And Chris Were Always Arguing About Something ... I'd Take Her Side Just Because Haha

F L A S H B A C K (nobody's pov)

Chris & August Had Just Came Back From Basketball Practice And Were Chilling At Chris's House. Nothing Was On TV So August Started A Conversation.

"Yo Chris ... Not To Be In Ya Business But Where Ya Moms Be At ?" He Asked Curiously

"Shit Honestly I Think She Be At Work. . Knowing Her Ass She Prolly Out Doing Some Shit A Mother Shouldn't Be Doing." Chris Responded Shaking His Head.