⇜Seven⇝

"You got home late last night."

Lauren froze, startled from the intrusion to the quiet atmosphere in the apartment.

"That's none of your business Camila," Lauren said, her voice coming out tired and husky.

"I'm just worried about my... friend."

Rolling her eyes and returning her attention back down to her medical book, Lauren continued to read where she left off, hoping Camila would leave her alone.

"So, where were you?" Camila's voice sounded more interested than it should be and Lauren clenched her jaw.

"You don't need to worry about where I was."

"Not getting yourself into trouble I hope?" Camila mused, her voice changing from interrogative to sensual in less than a moment.

"I got myself into plenty of trouble at my therapy session yesterday. But like I said, it doesn't concern you."

Camila sat in the chair across from Lauren at the dining table, her face going cold.

"You know this is a thin line you're straddling Lauren. How long until they discover all your deep dark secrets?" Camila purred, smirking back at her with shadows dancing across her face. "Are you sure they'll be able to handle all the... freaky little quirks that make your pretty head tick?"

Lauren dropped her pen exasperatedly, begrudgingly giving Camila her focus. The girl's doe brown eyes held thinly veiled jealousy but the velvet of her voice was nothing but seduction.

"Camila..."

"Lauren......" she drew out, much to Lauren's annoyance. "Look I just don't think this is a good idea. I mean these people you're meeting with, your doctor, they're complete strangers. You can't trust them to have your best interests at heart."

"Bipolar much? You're the one that encouraged me to go. You thought it was a good idea before didn't you? Make up your mind!" Lauren practically growled, slamming her book shut with a heavy thud.

Camila didn't even blink.

"You don't scare me anymore, remember? You forget, I know all your dirty secrets, your past... and I'm here to stay." The huskiness to Camila's voice nearly sounded like a threat. "Remember that next time you're having fun at a therapy session."

Lauren groaned.

"What do you want from me Camila? You know I'm trying to change. That really is my intention. I know I'm not normal, at least I can admit that I need help. I know I'm fucked up."

Brown eyes grew warmer and Lauren tried to soften.

"I'm sorry, I'm just trying to look out for you is all. I think even if you have good intentions that this plan could end up biting you in the ass. I know you want to change but..."

"Camila, please. I want to be different. I want to be normal. And for my own sanity I want to give this a shot. Maybe it will help me to actually be able to connect properly with people. Maybe I wont feel so alone."

Camila bit her lip and shrugged.

"You're not alone," She said ruefully.

Lauren picked up her pen again and fiddled with it, choosing to ignore Camila's statement.

"So what happened then, at the session? Tell me about it. No judgement I promise," she said on the tail end of a deep sigh.

"I met a girl, another patient." Lauren's pen twitched in her fingers restlessly.