Chapter 19: Psycho Girlfriend

Ava's POV

----------------

It was currently Sunday afternoon. Lizzie had gone home right around 11:30 leaving me alone again. My mom really wasn't home at all. Not one bit. Life in Cali really did change her. I mean she was all the time in Minnesota. It might have to do with the fact she was a stay at home interior designer. Her business went down,and she decided to take up nursing. I didn't have a problem at first, but then again I didn't know she would be gone this much.

"Honey! I'm home!" My mom yelled from downstairs. She seemed chirpy today. Wonder why, honestly. Not like this was the best week for us.

"Hey mom, what's got you all happy?" I said meeting her in the kitchen. 

"Oh well, that's what I need to talk to you about.." My mom said sheepishly. I motioned for her to continue. Whatever was making her happy, I needed to know asap. Maybe I'd get whatever she's having. "So Bill and I are seeing each other now.." 

"I figured. He's always here at night." I said hiding behind the bananas.

My mom coughed uncomfortably and continued, "Well at work some doctors and nurses have vacations.. And he invited me to the Bahamas!" My mom yelled jumping up and down. So Bill was what made her happy. Definitely, don't need a sugar daddy..

"So you're going to the Bahamas in the middle of October? Leaving me alone?" I said raising an eyebrow.Not gonna lie, I was sort of annoyed. She had time off at work,and instead of being here with me. She'd rather be with her new boyfriend. Typical.

"Well, I figured you're a big girl now. And you've been staying alone at night. So I thought it'd be fine.?" My mom said missing the big point. Then again, she needed to get away for a while. Ever since my dad left us, she's been upset. Might as well be a good sport about it. If she was happy, then I was happy.

"Okay, that's fine. When are you leaving?" I said smiling at her. 

"Two hours!!" My mom squealed like  a teenage girl. God, she was worse than me.

"Well, go! You don't wanna be late!" I said shooing her. She ran upstairs and hid away in her room. Sometimes I really did feel like the adult around here. If my Nana was here, she'd tell my mother to quit being a little girl and act up. Unfortunately, Nana lived in Alaska. Quite a stretch from California.

My mom came downstairs with a huge suitcase, she sure did work fast. She mentioned something about Bill arriving earlier, and how she loved me so much. Then, she was out the door. You know, maybe having the entire house to myself wasn't so bad. I was used to being alone anyway. 

Lizzie called me seconds afterwords, and informed me of some news. 

"Guess what! Okay never mind, don't interrupt me. I was at Big D's quitting my job -don't ask- Anyway! Trish was there with her two minions. Me being me I had to over-hear them, for investigation purposes. SO I was hiding by the mint cookies. They're the best cookie, honestly. I was trying really hard not to ea-"

"Lizzie get to the point." I said laughing.

"Right! Anyway, I heard Trish saying how she made up her depression story to get Chase back. She said something about it working each time they broke up. She mentioned having him wrapped up in her finger. AND! Wait til you hear this! She said soon you'd be out the picture." I could hear Lizzie catching her breath.

"That little SKANK!" I said dropping the glass of orange juice from my hand. "I gotta tell Chase! But first, i'm calling all the girls over to forget about my mom abandoning me for the Bahamas." I said in a mixture of shock and sarcasm.