the suspicions

Hoseok was angry.

There was no other softer way to say it. Taehyung and him had been dating for a few weeks, and the only thing he had got out of it was an occasional kiss on the cheek or a drawn out stare.

He exploded at school, when Jungkook wasn't there.

"Why? Why don't you care for me? What's stopping you?!" He yelled, throwing Taehyung's books to the floor. Taehyung's voice started booming.

"What the fuck are you talking about, Hoseok?? I care for you plenty!"

"No. You don't. You only care for Jungkook. You only care for your sweet, precious, baby boy. Why do you even call him that?!" Hoseok shoved Taehyung. "Are you two dating? You look after him like a lover, and yet the both of you are 'friends'. Make up your damn fucking mind- do you love him or not?"

Taehyung shook a little. He didn't reply.

"Oh my god." Hoseok gasped. "You actually love him? Seriously? I'm sorry, why did you even date me then?"

"Because you kept fucking asking! What was I meant to do? Jungkook's important to me."

"How important?"

"Really. Important."

"Do you love him?"

"What-"

"I said, do you love him?!"

"..yeah."

Hoseok's eyes softened.

He pulled Taehyung into a rough hug and remained silent. Hoseok didn't push it further, and Taehyung didn't lash out.

After a minute or so, tears started leaking from Taehyung's eyes. His face scrunched up in sadness, and Hoseok started patting his back. Taehyung didn't need to see Hoseok to tell that he was holding back tears.

"It's ok."

Taehyung let out a hiccupy sob.

"No.. it's not ok.. I love him, but he sees me as a brother."

Hoseok sighed.

"Was he the one who asked you to call him baby boy?"

"Yeah- why?"

Hoseok pulled Taehyung back, and gave him an irritated look.

"Are you fucking dumb? He might as well be calling you daddy."