3

"Steve, you have to keep your cool this time." Clint stated lowering his voice as the other man glared over his shoulder at the demon.
Clint recognized him, they had been assigned together before Bucky fell from grace, at that point Steve was had been assigned to another part of heaven. Even back then Bucky made a habit of ruffling the feathers of the other angels just for shits and giggles. The two of them had been close, not that you could tell now, the look on the demons face was that of pure hate.
"I am keeping my cool." Steve said through gritted teeth. Then Bucky smirked, and flicked his finger. Steve's coffee was in motion before either noticed, flying off the table into his lap, dousing him in the hot liquid. "Shit!"
You came out of the kitchen to find Steve standing wiping his lap with napkin. You snagged a towel on the way out, carrying both of their plates. You handed him the towel without a word as you set the plates down, grabbing his mug from the bench.
"You okay?" You asked setting it on the table.
"Yeah, I was telling Clint something and hit it with my elbow." Steve lied, trying not look over at the real cause of the hot coffee in his lap.
"I'll get you a refill." You chuckle, placing your hand on his shoulder.

"Better watch it, Buck boy, your girl's touching the angel. Seems your coffee trick is working in his favor." Sam remarked enthusiastically. Bucky turned his head slowly from the angels back to Sam, his lip twitched as he glared at him. Sam started to choke on the food he had just taken a bite of, he reached up trying to grasping at his throat.
"Sam?" Bucky asked, feigning being alarmed as his eyes turned back to blue. "Sam?"
You had just returned with the coffee pot when you heard Bucky calling at his friend. Quickly rushed over to their table, dropping the metal pot as alarm washed over you.
"What's going on?" You asked as you neared their table. Bucky looked panicked as he pushed himself out of the booth, running his hand through his hair.
"I think he's choking." Bucky said through rushed words. You pulled the other man out of the booth, his eyes started to bulge and roll back in his head. You snaked your way behind him, reaching around putting your fists into his diaphragm. You pulled in and up, trying to dislodge the food.
All the while Bucky stood looking at his friend, and since you couldn't see him you failed to notice the smirk on his face. With a couple more upward thrusts the partially eaten bacon came out. Sam took in a deep breath of air, looking relieved.
"Thank you." Bucky stated with earnest, grabbing your hand as you stepped out from behind Sam. You blushed slightly at the contact.
"It's no problem. My dad was an emt, he taught me a bunch of medical stuff. You okay, Sam?" You asked, nodding as he sat down in the booth. "If you two will excuse me, I have to go brew another pot of coffee."
Bucky watched you as you hurried, off sliding back in the booth, his tongue licking his top lip.
"Jesus, warn me next time you pull the Darth Vader trick on me. I was nearly died." Sam spat in a low voice.
"Next time don't be a prick." Bucky glared at him briefly, before calming back down. "And anyway, you can't die. You would of been pulled back down to hell."
"Yeah, and how would explain that to your mortal? Me just proofing away in a cloud of sulfur? Also how the hell am I going to explain to Tony the reason why I pulled back was I choked on a piece of bacon, I'll look like an idiot." He hissed.
"Well, you are an idiot." Bucky retorted. "And I would just do a memory wipe, no big deal."
"You're shameless." Sam chuckled.

"Sorry, I'm having to rebrew the coffee." You walked back over to Steve and Clint. Both of the men were sliding out of the booth, grabbing their coats.
"It's okay, we have to go." Clint stated tossing the money on the table. You bit your lip looking at his friend.
"Got a call, our boss needs us down town." Steve sighed, standing awkwardly, not quite ready to leave.
"Too bad. I owe you a cup of coffee then." You tell him playfully.
"What time does your shift end?" He asked smiling coyly at you.
"7pm." You find yourself telling him.
"I'll be here at 6:50 then." He quipped back as he made his way to the door. Suddenly a gust of wind from the other side slammed the door inward, catching Steve by surprise. It smashed into his face, blood came from his nose.
"Holy hell, are you okay?" You asked, pulling the towel from your hip. You handed it over him.
"Yeah, just one of those days." He remarked, looking over your should at the demon, who was innocently take a sip of coffee looking out the window.
"Then be careful. I'm holding you to that of coffee." You chuckle as he walked out the door, you turned your attention back to your only table.
Both men were getting ready to leave as well, not that you want them to leave.
"We gotta go too, doll." Bucky sighed, hanging his head a bit, looking slightly hurt.
"Yeah, boss man does not like to be kept waiting." Sam added, handing you the money for their food plus tip.
"Just when you guys had the whole place to yourselves. Could of been dancing across the floor and not a soul would care." You chuckle.
"Only if you danced too." Bucky looked up meeting your eyes.
"Too bad we won't find out." You find yourself saying with out even thinking about it.
"How about eight tonight?" He asked softly, grabbing your hand again.
"Sounds good. I'll meet you here then?" Your heart started to race.
"It's a date then." Bucky bit his lip, and gave your hand a quick squeeze before leaving. You looked around the empty diner, and half chuckled to yourself. Two dates in one day. What the hell man?

"So your going to take her out after the angel does?" Sam questioned as Bucky popped the collar on his coat against the wind.
"No, I'll be taking her out, not the angel." His replied was cold.
"But he's meeting her for coffee at 6:50." Sam stated crossing the street matching Bucky stride for stride.
"That means I keep him busy till 7:20." He smirked.