7

You woke the next morning with a pounding migraine, you pulled your phone off the table looking at the time. For a brief moment you thought about calling in but decided against it, slowly pulling yourself from your bed. You padded your way to the bathroom dry swallowing two aspirin.
You threw on your work uniform as your brain registered if you didn't leave soon you would be late for work. So with a jack hammering your head you bounded down your stairs two at a time. For going your morning shower, snagging your jacket on the way out the door.

"Buck, rumor has it you took the girl to Dark Reign last night." Sam poked at the demon as he stood on the high roof top of a building watching the mortals beneath him.
"Sure did." He replied, waiting. His eyes narrowed on the bus far below, a slow grimaced formed on his face.
"How many of those kids in there did you have to beat off with a baseball bat?" His friend asked, leaning forward to look over out at the street below.
"None, they know who I am. They know if they want to stay topside not to fucking cross me." His eyes turned black as he focused on the bus, his quota was low for souls. Time to add to the numbers in hell. He blinked slowly, as his eyes opened he found himself sitting in the bus, he casually looked to his right. The street beggar rocking in his seat, Bucky only made himself visible to this man.
"They're out to get you." His voice calm, as he spoke into the man's ear.
"Demon!" Chris stated from behind him, Bucky rolled his eyes throughly bored and annoyed by angels presence.
"Hey, gorgeous." Bucky replied, looking over his shoulder at the angel who had his arms crossed in front of his large chest. "See you haven't returned to heaven since our last meeting. Nice shiner."
Chris continued to glare down, his lip twitched causing the split in it to sting. Bucky slid his hand a cross the beggars face as he stepped out into the isle way.
"Not today." Chris commanded, dropping his hands to his sides.
"Why not? That isn't a better day to do anything then the present." Bucky watched as the angels fists clenched. "Do you really want another fight? We could end up leveling the whole block, I mean I don't mind if you don't. I'm little behind on my quota."
"We are not going to do that." His eyes narrowed at the man in front of him.
"It's the ten souls on the bus, or the hundreds on the block, the decision is yours." Bucky replied, his words took an icy turn, as the beggar stood up.
"You don't have to do this." Chris said knowing the demon had him back against the wall.
"You're right, I don't. But I will." He replied as the beggar walked through him to the front of the bus muttering about devils and gods. He jumped on to the bus driver, snagging the wheel as the demon vanished.
Chris slid his hand a cross the nearest man he could, asking him to stop the scene that was about to unfold.

You had been waiting patiently for bus but as it hit being ten minutes late you said screw it you starting jogging down the street. You were officially late for the first time, you pulled Your jacket tight a cross you body as you neared the end of the block, catching the sight of the diner.
You looked both ways before sprinting in, you rushed to the back punching your time card and tossing your stuff into a locker. You pulled your apron on as Allison came into the back, her eyes wide as they landed you.
"Dear lord, you're okay." She breathed a sigh of relief.
"Ally, I know I'm late but not that late." You say, looking out into the diner. She grabbed your shoulder spinning you to face her.
"No, the bus you usually catch had some crazy guy on it. He almost wrecked it trying to steer the wheel into a building, till some guy pulled him off." She stated shaking you.
"Guess that explains why the bus no showed on me." You say, the bell on the door grabbed both of attentions. Chris walked in looking around, he had a black eye and a busted lip. "He's my table."
"Damn, and I was caught up in his beauty." She replied, the both of you watching as he took a seat.
"Your dating Benny, remember?" You say, grabbing a menu and walking across the diner floor to him.
"Hey stranger." You say, placing the menu in front of him. He eyes drift up to yours, giving you a sheepish smile while rubbing the back of his neck.
"About last night..." his words trailed off, he could smell the demon again, cautiously he looked around the room. Bucky had peculiar scent, one few in hell had. It was a sweet spicey smell, not sulfuric like the rest. His was different because of his origin in heaven, and his fall from grace.
"What about last night?" You asked, leaning your hip against the back of the booth seat. That's when it hit him, the demon's scent was coming off of you, you had spent time with him.
"I got tied up at work." He found himself saying, he caught sight of the hell mark on your inner wrist.
"Well, you can make it up me by taking me to dinner tonight." You tell him, his mouth went slack as he looked up at you. You smiled to yourself for catching him off guard but really it was cause you had no idea that you had been claimed by the second most powerful demon in hell.
"It's a date then." He said as he recomposed himself.
"Sounds like it, meet me here at eight and try not to stand me up this time." You say playfully.