0.7

Smile Like You Mean It - The Killers

Two weeks later.

"What do you mean you've never seen Wizard of Oz?! It's a classic!" Sirius and Remus were walking around campus together. They've gotten closer through the weeks and had been discussing their favorite things on their way to get something to eat.

"I don't know, I just never got around to it." Remus shrugged and laughed at the boy next to him. They continued talking until they came across a small cafe.

"Let's try this place." Sirius suggested. He opened the door for Remus and they took a look around. Remus' heart stopped beating.

A familiar pink haired girl caught his attention. Nymphadora. She was sitting at a table in the corner talking to another girl. Her smile was bright and beautiful. Her laughter filling the small space.

"Sirius we should go." Remus turned on his heel before a big hand grabbed his wrist.

"Why? We just got here. You don't want to check it out?" Remus tried to pull the taller boy but he wasn't strong enough. "Remus what's your problem?"

Nymphadora's head shot to the direction of the door at the boys name. Her eyes widened and she got up from her table.

Remus yanked his arm out of Sirius' grip, quickly walking out of the cafe. Sirius rushed after him but Remus was already too far. A small girl coming out right after him. He ignored her and ran after Remus.

Remus couldn't think. His mind and heart were racing. His hand began to shake. He clenched his fists attempting to make them stop, making his knuckles go white. He felt a hand on his shoulder and jumped at the touch.

"Remus what the hell was that?" Remus looked at Sirius, feary burning in his eyes. Sirius has never seen the boy so angry. Lily and James happened to be walking in their direction.

"I TOLD YOU I WANTED TO LEAVE! WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST LISTEN TO ME YOU IDIOT!" Remus snapped. Sirius didn't know how to react so he moved closer. Remus shoved the taller boy as hard as he could, making Sirius fall to the floor. Lily and James ran to them.

"What the fuck Remus!" Sirius fumed, his mood shifting drastically.

"I HATE YOU! YOU'RE SO ANNOYING! FOLLOWING ME AROUND LIKE A LOST PUPPY ALL THE DAMN TIME! WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST GO TO LUNCH ON YOUR OWN! YOU'RE SO FUCKING OBSESSED WITH ME, I'M NOT A FAG LIKE YOU!" Remus moved closer to Sirius. Lily wrapped her arms around his back and held him.

The hurt Sirius felt was unexplainable. His heart had been ripped out of his chest and thrown into a blender. He slowly got up with the help of James while Lily spoke soft words into Remus' ear.

"I'm so sorry Sirius. Remus, he gets really aggressive really easily when he sees this certain person. Are you hurt?" Sirius tuned her out. you're pathetic. He never wanted to be your friend. You're just a burden to him. You're just a burden to everyone. His eyes began to fill with tears as he backed away from the three others. He could see Remus calming down and James trying to talk to him. He couldn't make out what he was saying.

There was a ringing in his ears and his head began to spin. Memories from his past slowly creeping into his mind. His chest got tighter and tighter. His breathing rapid. James noticed, he always noticed when Sirius was going to have an episode. He put his hands on Sirius' face making him look at him.