1.8

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey

"James...did you eat all of the snacks already?!"

"Sirius, we can buy more."

"You knew the animal crackers were mine."

"Actually, I didn't. Would you like me to throw them up so you can have them?"

"Yes actually."

"SHUT UP!" Lily screamed at the two bickering boys. They were too far from home to turn around. Lily gladly would've gone back home. "We can't just relax and enjoy the scenery? Let's play the quiet game. Whoever speaks first is getting out."

The car fell silent.

"Does sneezing count as not being quiet?" Sirius asked, only to get a reaction out of Lily. She, in return, turned around to hit the boy.

"Can we just listen to some music and relax?" Peter chimes in. "Just put my music on shuffle Lily."

The soft tune of Don't Stop Believing began to play. Everyone began to play a fake instrument as the song progressed. Remus took it upon himself to start the singing. Soon the whole car was screaming the lyrics at the top of their lungs.

"I say we start a cover band." Sirius said as the song came to an end. "We have enough members. I'm in if you guys are."

Everyone stood quiet.

"Fine, I'll be a one man band. Don't talk to me when I get famous." Sirius crossed his arms and slumped into his seat. Remus turned to him, a mischievous smile creeping onto his face getting ready to tickle him. "Don't even think about it."

"Alright alright" a soft laugh fell from the boys mouth as he leaned his head on his boyfriends shoulder. He slipped into a peaceful sleep.

•••
12:45am
"Wake him up nicely don't just yell at him!" Lily whisper yelled at Peter.

"Well how else is he supposed to wake up?"

"Just shake him you idiot!"

Peter placed his hand on Remus' shoulder and shook gently. The boy didn't budge. "Remus" no response. "Remus we're here. You gotta get up buddy." No response. "REMUS WAKE UP!"

The boy jumped awake, shocked and confused, unaware of where he was. He had slept the whole way up to the resort. They decided on an indoor water park but it was closed.

"Where's Sirius?" Remus said groggily. He looked around only to notice Peter and Lily in the front seat looking back at him.

"He and James went to go check in. They wanted to let you sleep a bit more before going in." Peter explained. "We're gonna order a pizza if you're hungry."

"No I'm alright, thanks. Can we go inside already?" Lily nodded and they got out the car.

"They already took our bags." Lily said as she wrapped her arm around Remus'. "It's so dark out here. Look! The stars are so pretty." Remus looked down at his best friend, admiring her in the moonlight.

"Yeah, they're wonderful." They made their way into the lobby where Sirius and James were waiting.

"Finally." James tolled his eyes. Sirius' fave brightened up as he saw Remus walking towards him. "Good morning sleepy head." Sirius kisses the top of the boys head and reached for his hand. "You gotta look around, this place is amazing!"

Remus looked around to see a huge water park through large windows. It was empty but the lights were on. To the right there was an arcade with all sorts of games. Sirius led him all the way to the back of the hotel where there were two sliding doors. He opened them to reveal a patio with a fire pit.

"We can come back before we leave and have s'mores." Sirius wrapped his arm around Remus who was a little too cold for his liking. "Let's get to the room and head to bed."

——
I'm so sorry for taking so long but I'm officially done with high school. It's been a stressful week with finals and all but I did it! Also, drop your favorite Drarry AU's because I need ideas.

Lots of love ❤️