1.4

I Need My Girl - The National

"I don't understand why he doesn't want to see me, this is bullshit!" Lily had just told Sirius about Remus. James put a hand on Sirius' shoulder.

"You have to chill a little bit. You need to understand where he's coming from." James said softly. Sirius yanked his arm away from James. "Siri, have you been taking your pills?" His moods change a lot faster without them. Sirius shot a deadly glare at James before storming off to the exit.

Remus heard everything.

Sirius looked over his shoulder to see Lily, James, and Peter walk into Remus' room. No one cared enough to follow him. No one cares about you at all. You'll lose all the friends you have, Monster.

"No." Sirius whispered to himself as he got onto his bike.

•••

3 days later.

Remus was sitting on a soft blue chair by the window, book in hand, as he waited for Lily. She visits him everyday after her classes.

The institution he had to stay in wasn't as terrible as he makes it out to be. The staff are all very nice and the decoration was made to look uplifting and happy. It was fairly new so the furniture wasn't dull yet. The blue chair was Remus' favorite. He claimed it as his the first time he came.

Remus didn't like to make friends while there. He felt like it was pointless.

"Good morning sunshine." Lily was walking up to him with a bright smile on her lips and a bouquet of white roses.

"Aw Lils, you didn't have to bring me flowers." She only smiled and handed the flowers to the boy. She sat across from him and watched him carefully.

There was a letter placed in between the roses.

Remus looked up to Lily, her smile even bigger than before. He gently pulled it out and flipped it over to reveal a name.

Sirius B.

He had a weird feeling inside his chest. His eyes became glossy. Sirius had surprisingly listened to Lily to give Remus some space until he got better. Remus told James to make sure Sirius was alright at all times, he didn't want any more to worry about.

He opened the envelope and slowly pulled out the letter.

Dear Remus J. Lupin
    I know it's been some time since we last spoke. I miss you. It's important to me that you know how sorry I am. I'm sorry for ever leaving you, I'm sorry for not being understanding enough, I'm sorry for not giving you enough space or giving you too much. Mainly, I'm sorry for even waltzing into your life.
    Also, I don't expect you to accept this shitty apology. You can hate me as much as you please. But I promise I'll never leave like that again. You mean a lot more to me than you think.
    I want to make things right between us, if you're willing to. They better be treating you well in there or there's gonna be a problem. I hope you enjoy the flowers. I know they're your favorite kind.
    Oh yeah, we started a project in one of my classes. I'll be filming some boring play Peter is in. I hope I don't mess anything up. I'm really excited. You're the first person I wanted to tell...
    Get well soon, I'll be waiting for you.

Lots of love,
Sirius O. Black

Remus couldn't help the smile that spread across his face. Sirius wrote in neat cursive, it was beautiful. Remus folded the letter and stuck it into his book so he wouldn't lose it. Lily was still grinning like an idiot.

"He wrote that last night. I was with him but he didn't let me read it." Lily rolled her eyes. "I read it anyway." Remus laughed at her.

"I've been doing a lot of thinking." Lily urged him to go on. "I definitely want to make things up with him. He's seen me at my worst twice already and he still wants me, that warms my heart so much. But I'm scared. We're both so unpredictable. What if we don't work out?"

"If you both love each other, I guarantee you two would be able to work it out." 

"I just want to get out of here and apologize for not letting him in, then I'll kiss his stupid face." Remus looked up at Lily, who looked like she was about to explode. "Are you okay?"

"I spoke to the lady at the front desk for a while and she said you can be released today!" Remus stared blankly at her. "Since you were being tube fed while you were unconscious, it didn't take long for you to reach a healthy weight. You don't need to be here for another two days so they're letting you leave!"

Remus sprang up from his seat and scooped Lily into a big hug.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go find Sirius."

Kind of a short chapter, I just needed a filler 🤷🏻‍♀️