Act I Scene XI

Flat Lines and Tears

Trigger Warning: Death and Sadness?

"She has to go into surgery. She will be fine for a couple more hours, but she has a lot of internal bleeding. The arrow hit so close to her spine we are afraid that if we move it we could cause serious damage," The doctor informs Melissa, Scott's pack, minus Allison, and Derek's.

"What the survival rate? Of the surgery?" Isaac looks worried. Everyone loved Embry. Including Erica, even though she hates to admit it.

"She has a good chance," The doctor looks grim. All the wolves heard the little raise off his heartbeat. He's lying.

"When... When is she going in?" Melissa is trying not to sob. She might lose her baby.

"Three hours," The doctor nods, a sad smile on his face. Stiles sits in a chair, his leg bouncing, a million thoughts in his head.

"Can... can we see her?" Lydia stands. Hope in her gaze.

"She isn't awake, and family only."

"We are all her family," Scott smiles at Derek's pack.

"Oh, okay then, only three at a time please," Scott, Melissa, and Lydia go first. Stiles doesn't want, more like can't, see her like that. He blames himself. If she hadn't stayed behind for him, she would be fine.

When Melissa pushes the door open, she immediately starts crying and shaking her head.

"No, no, no, that can't be my baby," Scott wraps his arms around her.

"It's okay, Mom, she needs us," Scott leads his mother in. Lydia trailing after them.

"What... What happened to her?" Tears fill Lydia's green eyes. Embry lays pale in a hospital bed. She has an IV connected to her arm and tubes in her nose. Her body went into shock and she wasn't able to breath on her own.

"She was there. With the Matt situation. He shot her when she went to save Stiles," Scott lies. Trying to hide the fact that this is Allison's fault.

"She's so pale," Melissa grabs Embry's hand, tears streaming down her face.

"I know mom," Scott hugs his mother from the side. Lydia bites her lip and fleas the room. She can't stand seeing Embry like that.

"Um, Lydia sent me in," Derek presses his lips into a thin line, stuffing his hands in his pockets, "Scott... You know, I'm-"

"It's not your fault," Scott glances at Derek and turns his eyes back to Embry. Derek give Scott alook. He wants to talk to him alone.

"Mom, I'm gonna send Isaac and Boyd in. Just so I can get us some coffee. I'll be right back," Melissa nods, not moving her eyes from Embry.

"There's a way to fix this, Scott," Derek sighs. He doesn't want this.

"Are you kidding me? No, she is not getting the bite. Not after everything she's been through," Scott scolds.

"I don't want this Scott! But it could be the only thing that saves her," Derek looks so sad. Embry was like a friend to him. He would walk her home from Stiles' and talk to her about school, and music, and boys. He wouldn't leave until he made sure she was safe in her room. She was like his sister.

"No. That's my final answer," Scott storms off.

Back in Embry's hospital room, Isaac is holding Embry's other hand while Boyd stands in the corner.

"Hey, do you remember when Embry first got here. I helped her catch up on all her homework because she was new and didn't know what she was doing," Isaac laughs sadly into Embry knuckles. Tears threatening to spill from his eyes.

"Yeah. I took her ice skating once. She kept falling because she told me she hadn't skated in year," Boyd chuckles. Salty drops streaming down his face.

"Embry used to love to skate. Before her father and I divorced, we would go to the ice rink all the time. She looked like a little angel out there. When she went back to school, she... she found all the books she could, and begged me to take her so she show me the tricks she learned," Melissa smiles through her tears, "She was never that good." Everyone, thats not unconscious, laughs a bit.

"Ms. McCall?" Erica knocks on the door, "Scott told me to come get you. Said he wanted to talk to you for a second." Melissa nods and stands.

"Take care of her, please," Ms. McCall a a pleading look on her face.

"I will," Erica rubs the older womens arm before walking in the room, "Embry was here before I was bit. Before any of us were."

"Yeah," Isaac nods.

"She helped me one time. I was having a seizure, alone in the bathroom. She found me and helped me. Rolled me on my side, made sure I didn't choke on my own tongue," Erica chuckles and sits down where Melissa was.

"She asked about my bruise once. In Geometry. we were partnered up and she asked what happened. I lied of course, but the look in her eye, she knew," Isaac kisses Embry knuckles.

"I found her having a panic attack. She was in the hallway during class. Shaking and crying. I found her, not knowing what to do, I just held her," The three wolves reminisce for a while longer before Scott comes back.

"Hey, Stiles wanted to know if he could have a moment with her. Alone," Scott indicate. The wolves nod and all leave. As soon as Stiles walks in the room he starts crying.

"Embry?" She didn't look like his Embry. She had large dark rings under her eyes. Her face was completely make up free, and she was so pale. Embry McCall looked broken. If it wasn't for the heart monitor, you'd think she was dead.

Stiles sits where Melissa and Erica once were. On Embry's left side. Closest to her heart.

"Embry, if you can hear me, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I wasn't able to help you. I was useless. I'm so, so sorry," Stiles grabs Embry's hand, "I remember you know? I was five, you were six. It was right before your parents split. I had just met you. I thought you were cute and I asked you to marry me," Stiles chuckles a bit. Trying to swallow to ump hiding in his throat.

"You said no of course, you had just met me, but I promised you I would marry you. Embry, I love you. I know you can't hear me, but I do. I have for awhile, but I think I just noticed it," Stiles kisses her hand.

"So, you gotta hold on okay. During surgery, you gotta hold on. I still need you. I need you, Embry. I think I'd go so fucking crazy without you," Stiles chuckles, "I lost my mom. I can't lose you too. Not you too." Stiles cries. Embry heart rate picks up and flatline. Stiles stands, scared to death, he runs to the door.

"NURSE! SOMEONE! PLEASE!" Doctors and nurses run in, pushing him out.

™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™™
Hey Sisters! I hate myself.
Anyways, I cried. she isn't dead yet, just you wait, kiddos.
Comment if there is any errors, I was crying while writing this, so just ya know, tell me if I did anything wrong.
I'm updating early due to the fact that I'm heading to Whales tomorrow to visit my sister. So, *wip*.
-Sam