Act II Scene VI

I love two (2) softies

    Embry is exhausted. She stayed at Derek's for six hours after she gained control. Just to learn everything she could about what she is and what she could do. Now, she was in the Jeep with Stiles, driving home.

    “Um, we found something out. It could have something to do with why you can change, completely,” Stiles breaks the silence. Embry lifts her head off the window and glances at him. He seems nervous.

    “Go on,” Embry nods.

    “Well, your mom wanted to tell you, but Scott thought it would be easier if you heard it from me,” Embry furrows her eyebrows, confused.

    “Stiles?” The constellation marked boy glances at her.

    “You, uh, you’re adopted, Em,” It seems hard for him to get out. But when he says it, it hits her like a truck.

    “Oh,” Embry’s voice is small as she stares at her hands. Stiles reaches over, placing a hand on her thigh.

    “Hey, she loves you, okay. She loves you a lot. So, please don’t be mad at her,” There’s a pleading tone in Stiles voice.

™™™™™™™

    “So, you know?” Melissa looks worried.

    “Yeah, and I’m not mad. You could’ve just told me,” Embry smiles a bit.

    “Alright, no more secrets,” The mom and daughter hug.

    “Just, one more question, because we actually have to know, who is my mother?”

    “Um, I don’t know. But I can go to the hospital and figure it out,” Melissa points and dashes out the door.

    Embry sits on her stairs. Stiles taking a seat next to her.

“So, uh, are you okay?” Embry can hear his heartbeat quicken. Embry smirks a bit.

    “Yeah, I’m okay,” Embry add a little laugh at the end.

    “Hey,” Stiles smiles, “Stop laughing, this is serious.”

    “I’m sorry, it’s just, I can hear your heartbeat, and it’s really fast,” Embry giggles.

    “Oh, forgot about the whole super sonic hearing thing,” Stiles waves a finger next to his ear.

    “Yeah, it’s been coming in handy lately,” Embry smiles at her shoes.

    Stiles sits next to her, “I’m sorry about all this. I begged Scott to keep you out of it. In the beginning, ya know.” Embry nods, resting her head on Stiles shoulder.

    “It’s not your fault. Or his.”

    “If you hadn’t stayed behind to help me, you wouldn’t have gotten shot. Then you wouldn't have been bit,” Stiles raises an eyebrow, a smirk on his face.

    “So this is all your fault,” Embry play pushes him.

    “Yeah, I guess it is,” Stiles laughs. Embry rest her head back on his shoulder, staring at the door. Stiles heart slows. Her touch is calming him.

    “It’s getting late, I should head home,” Stiles stands.

    “Wait,” Embry grabs his wrist, “I don’t want to be alone tonight. Can I come with you?” Stiles eyes widen. It’s not like she hadn’t stayed before, it’s just, now things are different.

    “Uh um, ye-yeah, of course. Just go get your stuff,” Embry smiles and races up the stairs, Stiles in tow.

    Embry throws a big tee shirt, underwear, sports bra, socks, shorts, hairbrush, and her toothbrush in a bag and gets ready to leave.

    “So uh, do you want the bed? I can take the couch or floor, if you want,” Stiles sits on Embry’s bed.

    Embry turns and raises an eyebrow at him, “Why?”   

    “Because, you’re a girl, I’m a guy, My best friend is your brother,” Stiles points out, a little uncomfortable.

    “Stiles, the whole point of not being alone, is not laying in a bed, by yourself,” Embry smirks, since she has changed, while being awake, she now has a bunch of confidence. Stiles heartbeat rises.

    “Oh, uh yeah.. Of… of course, what was I thinking,” Stiles stutters. Embry just smiles at him and throws her bag over her shoulder.

    “Okay, I’m ready. Let me just text Scott, tell him where I’m going, ya know,” Stiles nods and they walk out to his Jeep.

™™™™™™™

    “Stiles?” Embry flips over facing his back.

    “Yeah?” Stiles turns over, facing the werewolf.

    “I can’t sleep,” Embry whispers, knowing the Sheriff is home and not wanting to wake him.

    “Well, what's wrong?” Stiles turns his head like a puppy.

    “I don’t know. Can’t get comfortable? Cold? Not sleepy?” Embry lists off anything it could be.

    “Well, talk to me. Tire yourself out,” Stiles offers. Embry smiles and scoots closer to him.

    “If you had the ability to erase any past memory, what would it be and why?” Embry asks. Trying to get him to talk and make her tired.

    “Umm, when my mom died,” Stiles bites his lip and nods, “because it still hurts.

    “I’m sorry,” Embry stares at Stiles chest instead of looking him in the eye.

    “Hey,” Stiles lifts his chin so she looks him in the eyes, “It’s not your fault. Plus that was a long time ago.”

    “I’m still sorry for you loss,” Embry yawns. I guess she was tired after all.

    “What about you, what would you forget?”

    “Matt. The night in the police station. I still get nightmares,” Embry wipes her face, not wanting Stiles to see her cry again.

    “Hey, let's get some sleep, okay? You’ve had a long two days,”

    “Yeah, okay,” Embry nods while Stiles turns over on his back. Embry snuggles her face in his side and sighs.

    “Goodnight, Embry,” Stiles kisses the tops of her head.

    “Goodnight, Stiles,” Embry rest her head against his bare chest, his heart beat lulling her to sleep.

™™™™™™™™™™™™™
Oof this is short. But I'm double uploading tonight and this is early so suck it.
I wont be able to update for thhe next couple of weeks because I'm flying to America to see my sister.
My mum kept texting me last night about football and it was really annoying. I don't find a need for sports and I just don't like them. Sure I'm proud of England or whatever but, ya know...
Oh well, vote and comment and stuff. Thanks for reading dudes.

-Sam
1104 words