chapter 5- First class

Percy's POV

Annabeth threw her arms around my neck and I wrapped mine around her waist, pulling her close. I spun her around, breathing in the scent of her hair: Lemon, as always. I was well aware of the crowd staring at us. I knew what they were all thinking- “What’s going on? Why is Jackson hugging the new girl he just met?” I set her down and she grinned.

I leaned down to kiss her, and she smiled against my lips. Now we had almost the whole school watching but I didn’t care.

She then turned towards the rest of our friends and gave them each hugs. The other people in the hall were now gasping and whispering.

“Annabeth!” Piper exclaimed, pulling her friend close. “What are you doing here?” Annabeth laughed before she answered.

“Well my parents agreed to let me move here to be closer to camp, you guys, and well,” She quieted down before she finished, “Olympus, to finish designing it.”  

“That’s great! I’m so glad you’re here!” Hazel shrieked excitedly. Annabeth reached over to hug Jason, Leo, Nico, and Frank. They talked for a moment before returning back to me.

I must’ve had a weird expression on my face because she asked, “What are you thinking about seaweed brain?” She smirked.

“I just can’t believe that you’re… actually here!” I smiled down at her before leaning down to kiss her on the cheek. That’s when things got ugly.

“And who do you think you are?” Sabrina said standing in front of me, glaring at Annabeth the best she could. Compared to Annabeth’s glare, Sabrina’s looked like a joke.

Annabeth stepped forwards not lowering her stare.

“Annabeth Chase. You?” She looked the head cheerleader up and down in disgust.

“Sabrina Wellington, Percy’s girlfriend.” At this Annabeth raised her eyebrows at Sabrina. Standing behind me I could hear Leo trying not to laugh. Sabrina was putting herself in a deadly situation. Lesson learned: Never pick a fight with Annabeth. Never! If you do… just let her win.

Annabeth was at least 2 in. taller than her even with heels that were ginormous, and Annabeth wasn’t extremely tall. While Sabrina was boney and scrawny, Annabeth was slightly muscled from fighting monsters for a living. (not too muscular like one of the boys… but there was a hint of it even though she was skinny. So she wasn’t big... you know what I mean!)

“Is that so?” Annabeth questioned cracking her knuckles. At this, Sabrina whimpered as more people gathered around watching the fight, hoping Annabeth would win. No one likes Sabrina.

“Annabeth,” I started. I didn’t want her to start a fight… especially with a mortal.  I knew that she got up her skin, but it was not worth it. Sabrina would definitely end up in the hospital. I stepped forwards to wrap my arms around her waist, trying to pull her back. “It’s not worth it Annabeth.” I whispered.

Perfect timing! Riiiing! Riiiing!  The first period bell rang as students gathered their things and scurried into classrooms before the teachers could close the doors. Sabrina stuck her nose up in the air as she marched away, frustrated with Annabeth. Annabeth just rushed into class, ignoring the looks people were giving her.

At this time in the morning, I would have been walking to english class with Mr. Blofis, bored. The other demigods would be with me too, but now Annabeth, my amazing girlfriend, was here! This was going to be a fun year!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------