chapter 9- Mr. Tanner

Hey guys! I am soooo sorry that I haven't updated in a while! I have been really busy lately and I just kind of pushed this aside. Sorry!

Anyways, I am so thankful to everyone who has read, voted, and commented on this story! It means so much to me! and we have gotten 1k reads on thi story... Wow!! 

Last time I checked on this story, we had 82 reads... Like what the heck? We go tso many!!!

Anyways, Let the chapter begin! I hope you enjoy.

-jhwood1122

Annabeth's POV

I was cold. That was the first thing that I noticed when I entered the science room. The air conditioner was roaring in the background. I just hugged my myself, trying to get warm, scolding myself for leaving my jacket in my locker.

The teacher had not come in from the hallway, so I didn’t know which seat to take. There was one open seat in the middle of the room… but I decided it was best to wait for the teacher. If I sat down now two things could happen. 1. the teacher might have a different seat for me. or 2. even more people could stare at me then there already are. I was used to people staring at me though. When we go on Quests for Camp Halfblood, mortals always look at us with a confused expression on their faces, like, “Why are there three teenagers running around on their own with dirt all over their bodies?!” yeah… that’s pretty accurate.

I scan my eyes across the classroom.

In the left corner, three girls sit on their desks. Two of them were listening to the one in the middle. She (in the middle) was wearing a pair of light jeans. They had one hole in them. Just above the knee. Her top was a magenta-ish color. It was just a t-shirt. On it were the words:

Artsy-Fartsy

Is what They

Call me!

I know, I didn’t really get it either… kind of strange but I guess she was into art. She would get along well with Rachel!

Anyways, the lettering was in lime green and baby pink. Her feet were decorated in black converse. The girl’s hair was the color of cinnamon and it curled and twisted down to the small of her back. She had fair skin, free of freckles and rosy cheeks. Her eyes were the deepest shade of blue I have ever seen, and they startled me.

They were the color of the Long Island Sound when it was about to storm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had seen it once, when it was raining. Percy and I had been out on a picnic that afternoon and we decided to have it on the beach. I was just about to take a bite out of my blue cupcake (courtesy of Percy) when I felt a drop of rain. I blinked and looked up at the grey sky.

“Percy, I think it’s going to storm. We should get back to Camp…” I trailed off when I turned to look at Seaweed Brain.

He was staring out into the Sound, a smile on his face.

“What exactly are you looking at Seaweed Brain?” I asked him, scooting closer, gripping his shoulder.

He took a moment to reply. “The water.” It was a short and simple answer, of course. I mean, it was Percy.