chapter four

『 🍃 』

『 🍃 』

Osaka, Japan
May 2017

That was it, day minus four until my sister's big day. Right now, our family and Seokjin's were participating the wedding rehearsal. 

Everyone was busy talking while I sat on a white chair at a random table, smiling to myself as I imagined different ways of welcoming Hoseok—and Yoongi—back in Japan. They were supposed to arrive around noon the next day, which was unfortunate because I had school.

However, I thought of baking japanese sweets for them. Baking and cooking were two of my hidden skills since I enjoyed doing it whenever I was home alone. Ken, Miya and Dad would always praise my cooking skills, but I never wanted to cook for my mother. She would surely make unnecessary comments, such as how preparing dishes was nothing but an obstacle to my diet.

Anyway, I just couldn't stop thinking about Hoseok. I had fun chattering with him on Messenger; I found myself growing fond of him.

I hated to admit it but he was truly perfect: kind, funny, comforting, supportive and out of everything, he never made me feel like my weight was a problem.

"I really need a break."

Ken plumped down on the chair next to mine, palms covering his frustrated face. He grabbed a bottle of water as I locked my phone and put it back in my purse.

"What's wrong?" I frowned at my brother's face, he looked pissed

"Don't get me wrong, I think Seokjin is a great guy but his family—so uptight, I can't believe it!" he sighed heavily "You know how much Miya wants a short and small wedding like we usually do, but Seokjin's mother is practically begging for a long ass day, even two. Who'd want that?"

"This isn't up to her."

"Of course it's not! Seokjin and Miya even agreed to a Korean style wedding later with the family, isn't that enough?"

I looked up to see my sister gently pulling on Seokjin's arm whilst his attention was focused on his parents. Mom wasn't paying attention, unlike Dad was; arms crossed and brows furrowed. They sure were making him angry according to his stern gaze.

"How's Miya?"

"Trying not to scream."

~ ☆ ~

Pushing the main door open, my father sighed heavily as we followed him inside our home.

"If only Mrs.Kim was as polite as her husband. What a pain in the ass." he muttered

Hearing him curse this way, I could not help but laugh.

"Poor Miya." I said

Dad and I both headed to his office room. He fell onto the couch while I sat properly next to him.