chapter thirteen

『 🍃 』

『 🍃 』

Osaka, Japan
September 2017

Fortunately, Hoseok and Ken could make it to the exhibition. They were going to join us later in the evening, after they'd be done with work. Now, I wanted to be decent since rich people would attend the event. Also, I didn't want to look like complete garbage next to Hoseok, people would notice right away because he was outstandingly stunning.

"(Y/n)? You were looking for me?" Susanna's small voice could be heard in the room previously filled with silence "Oh, you look great." She smiled and closed the door behind her.

A shy smile crept up my face as I stared at my reflection, quite satisfied for once. I was far from beautiful, but I knew for a fact that Hoseok would like it. He always told me how he loved it when I'd tie my hair in a (favorite/hairstyle). I tried to let loose some strands of hair and began to apply some makeup. Highlighter, black eyeliner, and mascara.

"You're so pretty (y/n)!" Susanna continued as she came to me and placed her hands on my shoulders, massaging them in order to relax my tense figure. "I see you don't even need me anymore."

I chuckled at that. "Don't say that! I actually need your approval. Is my makeup nice? Not too much?" Panic could be heard in my voice as I imagined people staring at me with wide eyes, wondering why a girl like me would even try to look good.

"You're beautiful (y/n), I'm proud of you. Who's that for? That boyfriend of yours?" She asked, raising her eyebrows in a teasing manner.

"No." I denied. "I'm attending an exhibition." She stared at me. "But—yeah, he'll come."

"Of course he will!" The Italian woman clapped her hands in excitement. "What's his name already? Hochok, right?"

I rolled my eyes. "Hoseok." I corrected. "And please stop it. You're acting as if I was getting married."

The brown-haired grinned, taking her hands off me and allowing herself to sit on the edge of my bed. I stood from the dressing table and walked to the closet. I picked two dresses and placed them on the bed, urging Susanna to look at them.

"I need your help, again."

After a few minutes of debating with her inner self, she finally picked the orange dress. I tried it on. It was a wrapped dress made of cotton, long enough to cover my legs. The sleeves were large enough to hide my big arms yet short, ending right before my forearms. However, I didn't care. The dress had a low-cut neckline, causing my cleavage to be visible. Still, I thought it was nice. I almost felt sexy.

Susanna raised her thumbs up, approving the outfit. "It's just enough for an exhibition, doesn't scream rich nor classy."

I nodded, satisfied with her answer.