chapter six

『 🍃 』

『 🍃 』

Osaka, Japan
May 2017

While Chiyo was quietly sleeping on my thighs, I was engrossed in a crime novel. It was four in the afternoon and both of us had finished class earlier than expected, so we headed to my house. Mother offered my friend to stay for dinner, which she gladly accepted since her parents were working anyway. Moreover, it was Friday evening, and she would probably sleep over. I wanted nothing but a pleasing girls' night with my closest friend. Not to mention that Mom happened to be less hurtful when we had guests, to my greatest pleasure.

Twenty three pages later, I had to wake Chiyo up from her slumber. Ken was home and I needed to speak with him about an essay. My friend went to the bathroom while I headed to the living room where—surprisingly, Ken and Seokjin were discussing with my mother. As soon as they saw me, they greeted me and told me to have a seat.

"Where's Chiyo?" Mother asked

"In the bathroom."

"Chiyo is here?" Ken smiled "It's been a long time!"

"Since the wedding." I nodded "Anyway, how are you Seokjin?"

Lately, I felt more comfortable around my brother-in-law. I often visited the couple and spoke with Seokjin as if I had known him my whole life. I accepted him as a family member and enjoyed spending time with him. I could tell my sister was actually proud of it, which made me grow fonder of him.

"Actually, I'm fine. I came to see the both of you."

"Oh," I sat next to him "what for?"

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to visit my hometown with Miya and I?"

"Gyeonggi, is that right?" Mom answered quickly "They would love to!"

Ken and I glanced at each other, rolling our eyes. My brother then answered with a question.

"When would you want us to leave?"

"Well, Miya told me (y/n) had summer break in August."

I nodded. "She does, but I'll have to check for me. I'm pretty busy with work." Ken said, a bit disappointed

"We'll have to discuss it with Miya."

Mom clapped her hands out of excitement, but I could tell she was disappointed for not being invited. I felt sorry for her, but I knew Seokjin and Miya were planning to take their parents in Europe although it was still a secret. They needed to save enough money, which was difficult for them at the moment. They were quite busy with their new home and wanted to settle down in peace.

"Hey!" Chiyo exclaimed as she entered the living room "What a surprise, it's nice to see you guys!"

I nearly cringed, knowing she had a crush on my brother, which did not bother me to be honest. What could happen between them?