chapter ten

『 🍃 』

『 🍃 』

Gwacheon, South Korea
August 2017

Two days had passed since my first kiss occurred, and I kept smiling at the sole thought of it. I hadn't seen Hoseok since then. He had to go back to his hometown because of work. However, he promised to take me on a date at the end of the week. Probably on Friday night. I couldn't wait.

Meanwhile, I was busy packing my bag for the upcoming trip to Busan. Seokjin was waiting for me in his car so he could drive me to the nearest railway station. It was six o'clock and my train was supposed to leave at exactly seven thirty, meaning I would arrive in Busan Station three hours later. Jungkook would wait for me there and take me to his mother's. The latter was kind enough to offer me to stay at her place for three nights so I could visit Busan as much as possible and spend some quality time with my friend.

I had to admit it felt weird to sleep over at a boy's house. I wasn't used to it; it made me nervous. Yet deep inside, I knew nothing bad would happen. Jungkook was probably one of the sweetest guys I've ever met, I trusted him. Moreover, he insured me I would sleep in a room by myself (his brother's former room).

Still, I have decided to let Hoseok know about it. I thought I had to do it since we kind of had a thing going on. Even though we were not labeled as a couple, we liked each other, meaning we had no reason to fling around with anyone else. Those were his actual words.

"Finally ready?" Seokjin smiled as I sat in the passenger seat "Sure you haven't forgot anything?"

I paused to think. "No, I'm fine."

"Let's go then!"

~ ~

After being stuck in a train for almost four hours, Jungkook picked me from Busan Station and drove me to his place. Once we arrived, his mother–a kind and sweet lady–welcomed me with a delicious meal. It felt nice to stay with such a warm family even if they were only two. Jungkook's dad had left five years ago with his older brother. They still shared a cordial relationship though.

"Tell me (Y/n), your age?" Mrs. Jeon tried to speak in a proper English since I didn't understand Korean. I couldn't stop smiling, endeared by her behavior. She really wanted me to feel at ease.

"I'm twenty ma'am." I politely answered as I took a sip of water

"Face young. You beautiful young lady!" She managed to say, and I caught Jungkook frown a little. I rolled my eyes at him.

Jungkook told her something in Korean; but she responded back in English. Which made me smile.

"But she is!" The black-haired woman protested. "Shouldn't I say it?"