{Prologue}

• Věnováno Final Dawn

{Prologue}

A white she - cat with light brown stripes, stares down at her leader as he takes his last breath. "No... I shouldn't of let this happen.." she whispered, "I'm sorry, Barkstar... I really am.."

A dark grey tom walked up to her, "It's ok, Spiritsnow. We'll be ok. ShadowClan is still strong and we'll always be," Spiritsnow's eyes flash as he said the end of it.

"Maybe you're right, Robinspirit. You are our medicine cat and all."

"And you're our new leader," Robinspirit smiled. "Now go out there and give your first Clan meeting as a leader!"

Spiritsnow nodded in reply and headed out. She quickly hurried over to her apprentice, Silentpaw,  and Forgottenpaw. "Go get Barkstar's body but no talking." she whispered. The two apprentices nodded quickly before they went to go get Barkstar's body.

As she got up on the High Branch for the first time, the two apprentices carried the former leader out of the den. "Let all cats old enough to hide in the shadows, gather under the High Branch for a Clan meeting!" As the cats quickly gathered, she quickly thought of what to say.

"Cats of ShadowClan! As you may of guessed, Barkstar is dead!" As many gasps rose from the cats, she wondered what else to say. "I am your new leader and I shall lead you as best as I can!

"Though it feels to soon, I must appoint a deputy. I say these words so Barkstar may agree. Jaywing is the new deputy of ShadowClan!" As she looked down at her best friend, she heard many mutters of agreement. "I shall go to the Moonpool right away! ShadowClan is strong, and we will always be!" As she lifted her head to the skys, she didn't care if anyone joined her. "ShadowClan!  ShadowClan!"