Chapter 2

• Dedicated to Final Dawn

{Chapter 2}

Cloverkit slowly made her way to Spiritstar's den, already smelling Robinspirit, Songpaw, and Jaywing with her. She gulped nervously. As she padded in, looking down, she felt all eyes on her. "What is it?" she whispered. I bet they're going to exile me...

"We think we have a prophecy about you.." mewed Spiritstar.

Cloverkit looked up in surpise. "Really?!" All of the four cats nodded at her. "What does it say? What does it mean? Does it say if I'll be leader? Or when I'll die?"

Spiritstar purred. "Now, hold on a secound."

"Can I tell her it, can I?" Songpaw asked excitedly. Spiritstar nodded. "Dark will try to kill the Spirit but the Clover will stop him with the help of Shade. If Clover fails, Dark will take over the Shadows and the forest. Darkness will take over all and we'll never find a way out."

Robinspirit standed up. "I had another prophecy that probably connects with that one. But we should probably get Shadekit first."

"Ok." Cloverkit hurried out of the den and she right away spotted her sister by the fresh kill pile. "Shadekit! Spiritstar wants you!" she called.

"Ok! Coming!" She called back. Her sister quickly finished the vole she was eating and hurried over to the den.

"You'll like this!" she hurried into the den, with her sister on her tail.

"What is it?" The four cats quickly told her everything. Shadekit nodded at the end. "I understand. Tell me more."

"I had another prophecy following close behind when we got the first one. In order for Clover andShade to defeat the darkness,  they'll need their powers. Clover is unhurtable and Shade is closest to StarClan then any cat will ever and can be."

"Thank you, Robinspirit. You can't be hurt in battle and Shadekit.. We don't know what yours means yet, it's questiobable." mewed Spiritstar.

"And.." Songpaw whispered. "StarClan has been telling me to step down as medicine cat and leave the Clan. I was thinking it was for Shadekit. I would like her to be it, if something happens, in the battle, I mean, she could heal Cloverkit."

"Good point.. But do you want that, Shadekit?" meowed Spiritstar.

"Only if Songpaw does." she replied.

"Then it is aggred. Songpaw,  at least stay medicine cat until they're apprentices."

"Ok. But I'll need some warrior training, if that's ok, Spiritstar."

"Of crouse! I'll have Silverstorm train you,  she is my daughter and all."

"Can we leave yet?" Cloverkit asked.

"Oh! Of course! Sorry!"

☆ ☆ ☆

¤ ¤ ¤ ¤ ¤

☆ ☆ ☆

Cloverkit woked up from sleeping and remembered that today they would be apprentices. Three moons had past since the talk and it would be in the back of her mind today. Last moon Silentpaw and Finalpaw had been given their warrior names: Silentwhisper and Finalheart. Also, Icestorm was expecting Barkfang's kits and had joined them two moons ago and should be having her kits any day now.

"Darkkit! Shadekit! Wake up! It's our ceremonies!" It was already sun-high. She got up and hurried outside. She saw Spiritstar making her way to the Great Tree. She gave herself a quick grooming and hurried over.

"Let all cats old enough to hide in the shadows, gather under the High Branch for a Clan meeting!" Spiritstar yowled then gave a nasty cough. Must be a tickle. Cloverkit thought. Quickly her little-mates joined her. "Cloverkit, Shadekit, and Darkkit, please step foreward." First went her brother, as the fastest, then her, then slowly came Shadekit. "These kits have reached the age of six moons and are now ready to be apprenticed. From this day on, until they get the warrior names, they'll be known as Cloverpaw, Shadepaw, and Darkpaw. Cloverpaw, your mentor will be Bluefeather. May she pass down all she knows to you."

Bluefeather came up and touched her nose, her eyes gleaming. "I will not let you fail, no matter what." she whispered to her.

"I already know you're a great mentor." Cloverpaw whispered back.

"Darkpaw, your mentor shall be Blazefire. May he pass down all he knows to you." Blazefire stepped forward and touched noses with her brother. She couldn't tell if they talked, like she and Bluefeather.

"And, as you may of seen, Songpaw has been training with Silverstorm. She is going to step down as medicine cat and leave the Clan, StarClan has told her so." murmurs of shock and agreement rose from the crowd. "I'll let Robinspirit take it from here."

Robinspirit jumped on High Branch as Spiritstar jumped down. "Cats of ShadowClan, as you know, none of us will be here forever, and I need to take on another apprentice. Your next medicine cat will be Shadepaw. Shadepaw, do you respect the post of the medicine cat?"

"I do." Replied Shadepaw.

"Then at the next half-moon, I will take you to the Moonpool and see if StarClan and the other medicine cats agree that you should join us."

Shadepaw dipped her head. "Thank you, Robinspirit."

Cloverpaw felted her chest fill with pride as her sister was named medicine cat apprentice, and the Clan called their new names. "Cloverpaw! Shadepaw! Darkpaw! Cloverpaw! Shadepaw! Darkpaw!"

"ShadowClan is strong, and we will always be!" Spiritstar yowled, from High Branch. As Spiritstar lifted her head to the sky, Cloverpaw did the same thing.

"ShadowClan! ShadowClan!"