Chapter 10 - Iron Man

Oh no no
You don't love me
And I know now
No no no
You don't love me
Yes I know now
Coz you left me
Baby
And I got no place to go now

(No no no - Dawn Penn)

Dawn Penn's soulfull voice fills the trailer, singing over a reggae rhythm that almost mimics a heart beat. I softly sing along, even though the words come out a bit raspy. The lack of sleep has done me no good, but as a mother and an employee I have my responsibilities, even more so now I am a single mother. I cringe when the thought hits me again. It's like all the feelings of the break up are catching up with me today.
Behind me Ben stirs on the couch, but he doesn't wake up. He wasn't pleased when I took him out of bed in the wee hours of the morning. I couldn't bear staying in the house for any longer, so I got him out of bed and into the car. When we got to the set I didn't really know what to do with Ben, so I just took him to the trailer that is assigned to Tom and Chris. They're both in Makeup right now and will be here shortly to get dressed. I just hope they don't mind the presence of my little boy. Ben has eaten a banana for breakfast and drank some milk, after that he just curled up under the blanket I brought and went to sleep again. He probably was tired already from dealing with his crazy mother.

Paul comes in and hands me a large paper cup of coffee. "Kora went to Starbucks and she got you some too, to wake you up."
"Thanks." I fold my hands around the warm cup and lean against the small kitchenette in the trailer.
Paul comes to stand next to me. "You shouldn't make a habit of this. We need you on set, no sleeping at the job today."
"I know," I drawl. "And I'll be fine. Luckily everything is prepared, so I just have to stick to the plan. I can do that."
"Yeah, and it's just a tailored suit for Tom today. Nothing too complicated," Paul responds.
"Oh, by the way, can I crash at your place tonight?" I tell Paul what happened between me and Will last night. "He will be out by wednesday, so I kinda want to stay away until then."
"Sure, honey. You can have the guest room any time." He gives me a sly smile. "Are you sure you don't want to ask Tom for a place to stay the night?"
"Already did that," I comment in a dry voice, watching Paul's reaction from the corner of my eye. "I accidentally texted him instead of you last night."
"Accidental my ass!" Paul laughs and gives me a little shove.

"Whose ass?" someone asks from the doorway.
"Your fine ass," Paul says under his breath before he quickly wishes Chris a good morning, pretending our conversation didn't happen. The actor enters the trailer and Paul starts to show him what to wear today. It's just streetwear, actually very similar to what Chris is wearing now. Jeans, a T-shirt and a jacket. Chris is wearing the Thor wig in a low ponytail, combined with the beard and the casual clothes he looks very normal.

"Who's the kid?" he asks, while pulling his T-shirt over his head, his glorious abs on display.
"That's my son, Ben." I move over to stand next to Ben, who is turning over on the couch. He'll probably wake up soon. "I hope you don't mind? My mother will be here later this morning, but I..."
"No problem, Victoria. Don't worry," Chris interrupts me. "I see he brought his own Avenger." Ben is holding the Iron Man figure in his arms.
"Yeah, he's a fan," I smile at the actor. "Although he only watches the Lego version of the Avengers."
"There's a Lego version? Cool!" Chris's face lights up.
"Yeah, have you seen it?"
"No. Or maybe I have. I don't know. There is so much Avengers stuff out there, official, non-official, fanmade... It's impossible to keep track of everything." Chris is dressed by now and Paul checks if everything is as it should be.

"Mummy?" Ben sits up on the couch and looks around in wonder, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
"Hello, little man." I go sit next to him and he climbs on my lap.

"Good morning, Benny!" Paul calls from the other side of the trailer.

"Good moaning, uncle Paul," Ben says and both men suppress a chuckle. Ben can't pronounce his R's that well yet.