Letter to Readers

The internet,

Wattpad.

21st May, 2018.

Dear readers,

I set this book up for the April camp of National Novel Writing Month. In October of 2017, I was approached by Mormon missionaries, and I agreed to meet with them for a few months. During this, I also did my personal research and came upon the 'Gay and Mormon' landing page. This became the inspiration for this story, and I can say I've had a nice time exploring the intersection between the LGBT+ community and religion. 

As someone who grew up Catholic, it was interesting to see the different sides of Christianity. I am no longer religious — to be honest, I wouldn't say I ever was. I was just born into a Christian family, so I went along with Christian things. I still attend mass etc, but I'm in a place that Nathaniel was in. Where it's more of a hobby that's hard to brush off than something I really believe in. Despite this, I'm still someone interested in reading and learning about different denominations and faiths.

Thank you all for reading this! You made writing this a lot more easy for me with your encouragement. I won NaNo this April, and because if this I will try my hands on NaNo as often as I can from now on. That means more completed books from me overall, and more spontaneous and raw storytelling. 

Forever grateful,

Saintc.

*If you enjoyed this book enough to check out some of my other ones, here are some recommendations that are also New Adult/Adult fiction.

Acceptance [Completed/32 parts.]

Summary

Andrew, a twenty-six-year-old literature graduate has been through more drama than many his age. From suffering obesity to arthritis, and then anorexia after drastic attempts to lose body fat, Andrew grows more conscious of his body. He shields himself from the rest of the world in a reserved cabin tucked away in a small town where he dwells in solitude and self-pity. But things can't stay the same forever and Andrew's carefully planned out walls fall around him with the arrival of his Uncle's fiancee's son Ethan.

But Ethan will more than disrupt Andrew's 'perfect' life. He'll also teach him the sole act of acceptance.

Finding August [Completed/27 parts.]

Summary

August walked out of Vincent's life the same way he walked in - unexpectedly.

Vincent had a decent quiet life working as a tattoo artist in the city of Detroit until the runway aspiring artist August knocks at his front door asking for a home. August promises it will only be for a year and Vincent agrees, but Vincent never knew that August keeping to that promise was going to be so painful.

Now Vincent sees August in the news just months after his disappearance. August is making it big and will be holding his first exhibition in New York. The thing is, Vincent can't just seem to stop himself from chasing after him.

Learning to Love [Completed/44 parts.]

Summary

Riches aren't everyone's taste and that's the case of Zeus Darcanius.

Zeus Darcanius; rich, powerful and influential hasn't always been the confident strong headed man he is. A pained past refusing to fade away continually hunts him, memories continually weighing down his heart making it heavy. The taste for riches only powered by the taste for revenge.

Love and marriage isn't everyone's treat and by everyone I mean Julian Andrews. He finds himself swayed into an unhappy marriage he can't even remember how he got into. Love isn't something he's experienced until he finds something unexpectedly close with Zeus Darcanius.

But what in the world is Zeus hiding?

R.I.P [Ongoing.]

Summary

Chris is depressed. He's traumatized by the strong homosexual feelings he can't seem to repress. For the longest of times, he'd tried to turn to his religion for a solution, but frankly, religion doesn't have all the answers, and God just chooses not to answer so many.

After being accepted into a college on honors, he feels he can finally let go of the past and his feelings since his object of affection was nowhere in sight. But the world seems to be a parody on its own, and he meets Simon, a second-year computer technology student.

As the two struggle to find themselves and discover the meaning of acceptance, their problems aren't in anyway helped by the disapproval of Chris' White-hating religious fanatic father, or Simon's religion hating anti-black adoptive father.

Sometimes, in the mist of all human problems we all just want to rest in peace.

Symphony [Completed/52 Parts.]

Summary

Sym•pho•ny [símfənee]

(Plural sym•pho•nies)

Noun

Complex musical composition: a major work for an orchestra, including wind, string, and percussion instruments, usually composed in four movements, at least one of which is in sonata form.

Alejandro is what you would call a prodigy, a musical genius. Growing up as a blind student of the piano had always been hard. He'd had to prove time and time again that he was worth the effort and eventually clawed his way to the top.

But his handicap threatens to shatter his future dreams and aspirations. How on earth is he supposed to play in a symphony if he can't read music?

There comes help, there comes hope, and there comes the biggest compromise in the form of love from another man.