43 - TOLD YOU SO

REMY DECIDED TO GO OFF ON HIS OWN FOR THE DAY. He was sick again, and had too much work to do, but he figured that he'd do something somewhat illegal to try and raise his spirits. He toyed with the thought of inviting Marc, but figured that it wouldn't be in either of their best interests.

He had missed being alone, at least to some extent.

He had talked it over with BUDDY and the two agreed that going back to M&M's World was tacky and repetitive, so he opted to do something a bit more dangerous, while still remaining safe; he didn't want his mom to have to bail him out of jail, that wouldn't be fun.

So he decided to make his way to the museum and mess with some people there. Of course, he wouldn't mess with the exhibits, he wasn't cruel, but generally causing mischief with no real attack on anyone is the kind of mischief he liked to create.

In his mind, pranks were only fun if they were short and did no personal damage to people he didn't know. There were lines no one should cross if they wanted to stay a good person.

He had learned that BUDDY could actually talk to him in a smaller form, in his enclosed space but not in sleep mode, and he decided to take him with him for the first time, test it out and see how it would go.

"Don't do anything dramatic," BUDDY warned as Remy slid into the museum, slipping past the taller people and the too tall security guards.

"Since when am I ever dramatic?" Remy drawled, immediately heading over towards the space exhibits.

BUDDY paused. Then, "Do you actually want a response, I'm not used to rhetorical questions just yet."

"No, I don't," Remy clarified, slipping in and out of certain groups, looking around for something he could use, "Hey, can you, you know, see right now?"

"No," BUDDY replied, "I'm not expanded. You can describe what you see, though."

Remy hummed, looking around. "Well, it's dark, 'cause I'm in the space exhibit. It's kinda cool, I guess, but I think it's mostly just, you know, someone's gonna be talking later on, so...wait. Wait, I have an idea."

"I know what you're thinking, don't do it," BUDDY warned, but the boy was already looking around, looking for a security only door, his heart racing with anticipation.

"Did Tony give you the ability to hack into things?" he asked, weaving in and out of people, grinning madly at the prospects.

"That wasn't his intended purpose, but I do know how, as I was equipped with the ability to download information or distribute it. If you wanted to download music, or if you had dictated an essay to me, I can transfer it onto a document. I've evolved past it, but I don't see the point in being menacing," BUDDY explained, and it truly sounded like he was sighing at this point; with the way he was speaking, Remy had forgotten he was speaking to a robot instead of an actual Australian man.

"This is gonna be fun," Remy said, looking around, "If I could just find the place where they hide the...hey, can you pull up the map of this place and find where they have all the controls and do all the, you know, stuff?"

BUDDY sighed. "I know exactly what you're talking about, and I'm sure I can find it. Do you want me to find you some ways to distract people without hurting them or causing any real damage?"

Remy grinned. "I'm glad we're on the same page, BUDDY."

The robot sighed again. "The feeling isn't mutual."

º º º

"Did you know that someone told Harry to report me because they heard that he, my former patient, and I are friends?"