Seventy one

Aaliyah's POV

I quickly rush home with Amy since Gray decided to leave his car at the airport. I wonder what this mysterious gift was.

"Did you know about this?" I ask turning my head towards her. Her eyes kept stuck on the road as a chuckle leaves her lips.

"Honey, i'm the one who helped him put the gift where it is," she replied. I look down at my seat smiling to myself. I couldn't wait to see what was in store for me. As she pulled into the garage, i quickly made my way up to my apartment with her slow legs following behind me.

"Jeez Ally, no need to rush. The gift isn't going anywhere," Amy says still trying to catch her breath. I pat her on the back while finding the key to my door and unlock it. I closed the door behind me to find a sticky note stuck on the back of the door. I look at Amy and all she does is smirk. I peel off the note and read it carefully..

Hey there beautiful, remember when we first met and i used my best pickup line to try get your attention?

A thought came into my head as the exact moment popped into my head.

FLASHBACK

"Your name is Alisson right?" i hear a voice say very closely to me. I roll my eyes and turn to see a very hot guy standing right in front of me.

"It's Aaliyah, but nice try," i reply looking back at Amy who was trying to hide her laughs. He chuckles and scratches the back of his head.

"Aaliyah. That's an even prettier name," he says leaning in closer to my face.

"You got something on your butt," he says casually.

"What? Why are you looking at my butt? What is it?" i ask moving away.

"My eyes," he says.

END FLASHBACK

The memories brought happiness and light to my eyes. I thought he was such an idiot back then. To think that he used that lame ass pick up line on me. I shake away my thoughts and go back to reading the note.

Now that i got our attention, go to where you spend most of your time. -Love, G

My bed. I run towards my room and flip over my pillows and blankets until i saw it laying underneath my sheets.

I knew you'd find this so fast. I love laying here with you, just holding you in my arms as we sleep. Stealing your body heat as we tangle our bodies with one another. I love being in your bed, but where is the place i hate staying in the most? - Love, G

I cringe my forehead as my eyebrows come closer together thinking. Amy comes into my room with that smile on her face and i finally realise. The bathroom. I make my way into the bathroom and sure enough, there was a note stuck to the mirror.

Yes, fun fact i hate being in the bathroom because you take so damn long to get ready. You're beautiful without makeup, but you're beautiful most when you feel comfortable in your own skin. Now, where do you go after finishing up here? - Love, G

He's such a freaking romantic. I have never seen him this side of him for as long as i have been with him. Honestly, i love it. I walk over towards my closet as that was the answer to this note and rummage through my hangers and clothes. I was throwing my clothes everywhere until i saw the note stuck onto the wall behind my clothes.

Here you go baby, i bought you a comfy adidas jumper since you love them so much. I already know you're still going to steal mine and i'm okay with it because i love seeing you wear my clothes. This isn't your gift but it's something extra. Now, find the place we travelled together for the first time. - Love, G

I question where this next answer would be. I walk out of my closet and find Amy sitting on the couch watching TV.

"You done yet Ally?" she says feeding herself a handful of popcorn at once. I shake my head.

"No, i mean i don't understand this one. Are all the answers in my apartment?" i ask scratching my head.

"Yes," was all she replied before she yet filled her mouth with more popcorn. I bite my bottom lip and think harder and harder.

Oh. Aaliyah you're so stupid. The map!

I quickly walk over to my office (filming space) and i look around the room until my eyes met the huge ass map hanging on the wall. The map was literally the biggest clue and i only just realised now. I laugh at myself for a moment before peeling off the note to read it.

My beautiful angel, remember our first date when we went cliff jumping? Well i do, and it was one of the best days of my life. It was the day we first held hands and i felt like i wanted to throw up being around such a pretty girl like you, God i was so nervous. I can't wait for more adventures and trips we're gonna have in the future but for now, look behind the map. - Love, G

This note was by far my favourite and i couldn't stop myself from smiling. I carefully look under the map not to let it fall from the wall. The map was wooden and hollow with the frame around it so i poked my hand inside and felt around. There it is!

I grab it from inside the map and it was a box about the size of my palm. It was a beautiful, soft, red velvet box with a golden lock. I opened the box slowly and on directly on top was a note reading 'READ THIS FIRST'

So you can probably tell that this is the last note and of course the most important one.

I love you for not only what you are, but for what i am when i am with you. At first i thought i could just win you over by making you laugh, but every time you laugh i'm the one who falls in love. I fall in love with you every single moment i look at you and admire what God took his time on. I never use to think that 'love' was worth holding on for, but then i realise i was blessed with you and all of those thoughts disappeared. Being happy with you just happens, you don't even have to try and i love how effortless you make things look.

If i did anything right in my life, it was when i gave my heart to you. One day i hope to give you my last name but for now, i promise you through thick and thin that we will make it. I promise you that my love for you will never fade and that i will one day wake up to your face every single day and kiss you good morning and night.

Look at your gift, princess. The day i put that ring on you will be the day you become my Queen, but for now put on this promise ring and remember everything i just said. I told you that you deserve the world, but this is all i can give you right now, but just wait until the day i can give you everything.

- Love, Grayson B Dolan.