Stolen Profanities

....

'Why him?'

....

"How about me, am I invited?" Mason asked.

His smooth lips twitched slightly, refraining from smirking - despite Hadrian knowing they wanted too.

"No." Malfoy replied fast, not making eye contact.

He didn't give anymore information as to why Mason was not allowed to go, he sat up straight and turned to glance out of the window ignoring the conversation. Draco's blatant stubbornness reminded Hadrian of his mother, Narcissa Malfoy. The Malfoy matriarch knew exactly what she wanted and when she wanted it. It was true, Mrs Malfoy had a reputation - rumours of her coldness had spread particularly through families of the Light. Hadrian, however, had found the woman intelligent, strong and fair - with an uncanny ability to read people.

Hadrian looked over at Mason, who's handsome rugged features were drawn together in confusion - the soft brown brows had lowered, creasing his smooth tan forehead. Despite being a Ravenclaw he wore the confused expression well - Hadrian, however, knew that this was not the case. Mason Villenti was smart, Hadrian doubted whether Ravenclaw was the correct house for him to be sorted in to. The tall boy was cunning - artfully so. Hadrian stared at Mason knowingly, the boy turned his head glancing at Hadrian, his lips curving to smile deviously. There it is, make everyone think you don't understand and they assume you're stupid.

"I'll be there Draco," Hadrian smirked darkly.

Draco sighed thankfully, Hadrian was like a gold mine among the Wizarding Community, they all wanted a piece of him. He relaxed in his seat, calming himself as in that moment he thought everything would work out.

"That's great," Malfoy confirmed smiling.

However as Draco glanced back at Hadrian, he sighed concerned, deep lines of worry marking his smooth features. He could see that Hadrian wasn't finished yet, he prepared for the proposal that was to come.

"I'll go, but only if you invite Mason," Hadrian added slowly, his features on standby.

Hadrian felt a hard biting stare burn into the side of his face, he turned casually, locking eyes with Daphne. Hadrian stared back twice as hard, the earthy green and the sky blue clashing like mountainous sea's smashing onto a rocky embankment of malicious emerald. He had to give it to her, she attempted to stand her ground but soon retreated, glancing back to Malfoy apologetically. Daphne attempted to help Draco, she knew what would happen if Draco invited Mason Villenti to his parents party. Malfoy stilled for a couple of seconds uncomfortable with what he had been asked, his eyes were unfocused as his mind raced. Mason, on the other hand, smiled quietly as he understood why this had to be done.

Draco and Mason had been close friends ever since second year, when they discovered their similarities. At first, the two had clashed severely - as they were both from different worlds with different rules. Not inviting Mason to his parent party was Draco's attempt at protecting his friend. Lucius Malfoy had yet to meet Mason Villenti, a half-blood with a muggle mother. Malfoy knew what his father thought of muggle's. Throughout the years, Draco had tried to shield his friend from the judgment and discrimination that people like his father would deliver - the high society was a brutal prejudice world.

Lucius Malfoy was no bigot - but he was bias and prejudice. Lucius considered his family superior to others, their blood was richer, stronger and purer. It was a simple as that. It didn't mean Lucius was evil because he wasn't. Hadrian knew unlike most of the light, the lengths Lucius would go in order to protect his family. The man loved his son and would put his life on the line to prove it.