Barmaid's and Beer

....

'He held a knife at her throat.'

....

Hadrian was glad to leave the house, in fact, he had never felt so free. It was silly, but it was true. The house had become a boiling cauldron of suspicion and exposure. Hadrian had to remain constantly vigilant if he wanted to appease his parents lack of trust. Of course, faking it to his parents was completely different to convincing Dumbledore. Turning abruptly on the spot, Hadrian punched Alec in the arm, hard.

"You had to come inside the house?" he sneered at his friend.

The normally serious, cold boy looked a little guilty. Hadrian's friends hadn't even spoken to his parents, let alone come to his house. Only those from the other school houses had ever been welcome, and yet, despite his parents conditional offer Hadrian had never invited anyone. It had been years, since even he had gone home. It had only been recently that his parents had even attempted to contact him.

"Ah fuck." Alec exclaimed, grabbing his arm.

"Man up," Hadrian rolled his eyes.

"Look, if I'm being totally honest.." Alec started.

"Like you're gonna lie to me?" Hadrian interrupted sarcastically.

Alec's eyes narrowed warningly, he didn't like being spoken to that way, not by anyone, not even Hadrian. Alec's dark brown gaze seemed never ending, like haunted tunnels of sordid secrecy. Hadrian didn't react, in fact, he didn't seem intimidated in the slightest. Instead, Hadrian's head tipped slightly to the side, a look of contemplation taking over his dark features.

"You wanna do this?" Hadrian questioned, his eyes heated with conflict.

Hadrian's challenge was met with silence. Alec stared motionlessly back at Hadrian, his dark gaze a blaze of heated temper. The darkness of the night suited him, licking at his skin, appending the already delighted darkness residing there. Alec, much like Hadrian, was truly a creature of the shadows.

"I was curious." Alec eventually explained.

Hadrian stared fixedly onto Alec's elusive form, his vision shadowed by his thick lashes. Hadrian had hidden his family situation from his friends for a long time. Of course, Hadrian had always known that his friends knew more than he told them. What really happened at Potter Manor to make a boy like Hadrian to take refuge in Slytherin? The number of summers Hadrian had spent with Draco, must of given a view hints to the answer to that question. Hadrian sighed, yeah, they knew enough.

"How did it go?" Alec asked, as simply as asking the time.

Hadrian twisted around baffled, he stared at Alec's form his eyes wide with bewilderment. Could the boy not take the hint? Hadrian raised both his arms, to only allow them to drop back down in utter astonishment. It as if to say, you're fucking kidding me.

"It went swimmingly, Alec." Hadrian spoke sarcastically.

"Where are we going?" Alec ignored him.

Hadrian walked off, moving away from the front entrance of Potter Manor, the gravel path crunching under his feet as he went. Hadrian didn't stop to look if Alec was following, he didn't need to. They stepped through the small side gate that led out of the property, the plants and trees stopped short, almost permitting passage.