14 or 16?

(​​​​​​​Yuriko's POV)

I woke up hearing my bed squeak at my movements. Slowly, I place both of my pale feet on the cold wooden ground of my apartment.

I got up and looked at the digital clock hanging on my wall.

5:30 A.M.

Stripping bare of my clothes I took a cold shower. Not even shuddering at the coldness that I was used to. ... that's a lie. I don't do cold water. I hate it. I just didn't have enough for this month's gas bill.

Stepping out of the shower, I put on my work uniform. A simple red dress shirt , and formal black pants. Walking out into my room, I grabbed the pin that was laying on the counter. It was a small metallic pin with the name Kora engraved into it. I stretched my hand towards the small drawer beside my pin. Opening it, I took out my dark brown contacts. Used to hiding this weird eye color of mine. Don't let me fool you, I hate contact lenses. But they're a nsesecity for me now so no use complaining. I don't like attention. I quickly put my long brown hair up in a bun. Putting on my sneakers and locking the door, I threw myself into a full out sprint.

( Twenty minutes later)

​​I could have used the bike today. I thought to myself as I entered the hotel that I worked in.

Greeting my co-workers with smiles, I walked towards the back room. Taking out the heavy small white towels from the dryer, I got to work. Placing them on the metallic table beside the dryer and washer, I put the wet towels from the washer, into dryer. Sixty minutes.

Turning back towards the pile of dry towels I quickly and neatly folded them and created a pile. Satisfied with my quick work I took a hold of all of the towels and placed them on a cart. Fifty minutes.

Quickly racing towards the elevator I knocked on door calling, room keeping, into every room. Opening the doors of every room, I replaced dirty towels with clean towels. Placing the dirty on the bottom part of the cart. Smiling cheerfully at all the clients. After all. They pay for my check.

Walking into the elevator, I pressed on the 1st. floor button. Waiting for It's doors to open, I rushed out with the cart when they opened. This floor is where the inside pool is. I love it since they keep this floor nice and warm. Repeating the towel process faster than before, since I didn't need to get permission to enter.

Finally heading towards the laundry room, I put on some gloves and placed the dirty towels in the washer. Twenty minutes.

Using my free time while waiting for the towels to wash, I walked around looking for trash to pick up and eventually had a black bag full of wrappers, papers, and many soda cans and bottles. Running outside with the bag and placing it in the large black metal trash can. Ten minutes.

Thank goodness these people pay me for work not for hours.

"Kora? Done already? Faster then usual. I'm officially impressed. "

​​​​​​Hearing my co-worker's voice made me stop.

" Oh. Ryo. Yes. I'm finished. Actually could you do me a favor? " I said more than asked.

​​I started walking away.

" Could you please be a darling and fold the towels for me? Thank you!" I said taking off into a full out sprint. Leaving behind my co-worker ,who was still trying to figure out what happened. I needed to cover for someone who didn't show up for their shift at WacDonalds.

"Hey! KORA! Get back here!" He whisper yelled seeing as we were not allowed to yell in a hotel.

Usually it's just two jobs a day but today I'm pushing three. I quickly headed to the elevator once again and pressed the number one button. Feeling that light feeling you get when an elevator is going down. Waiting impatiently as the elevator slowly moved I ran out of the elevator and towards the parking lot where I had left my bicycle the day before. It had nothing special to it.