Me, Myself, and I

Before Mogami could retort, I looked at the time on my phone and gave her two thumbs up for luck while running away. 

I could hear her yelling in the distance as I ran towards the direction Mogami had just come from a couple minutes ago.  

This little girl has to work her butt off to kick Shotaro in the face. I will become One of the top five idols. I WILL ALWAYS BE A STEP IN FRONT OF HIM!!!

( Yuriko’s POV) 

I’ve been nervous before. But it doesn’t compare to that one life changing moment that you’ve been expecting for weeks. 

I had been sitting in Mr. Sawara’s room-cubicle thingy for ten minutes now. And let me tell you that the constant ticking of the clock, and the footsteps that are only passing by have been dreadfully painful on my poor soul. 

My anxiety isn’t really helping either. Wait I don't think I have anxiety. I'm just nervous ninety percent of the time. The other ten I act like I don't care what happens.

I've been taking the pens on the little bin thingy and tapping them on the table, my legs, and even on my arms. I’m annoying myself! 

Maybe I shouldn’t? I could just beat him (Shotaro) up till he can’t walk.  Wait. Shut up Riko. A man is most harmed when his ego is involved...although you could barely call that childish brat a man. 

.

.

.

Plus I don’t wanna go to jail yet.
.
.
.
.but free meals and housing doesn't sound too bad.

Suddently someone taps me on the shoulder, resulting in me ending on the floor...somehow. 

“M-Miss Riko! Are you alright!?” And then I did what I do every time I fall. 

I laugh. 

Oh, And I think I wrote Riko as my ‘profesional artistic’ name. Since Kora is my ‘name’ and Yuriko isn’t meant to exist. It means self-interest, which I gave a different definition to. No more Shotaro being at the top of my priority list. From now on it’s only me,myself and I. 

Technically I could go to jail for all my false paperwork....hmmm. maybe I should reconsider.

Mr.Sawara just stands there giving me a ‘is this kid insane’ look which makes me laugh harder. Suddently people start peeping in and giggling. Once my laughing fit is over Mr.Sawara offers a hand. I gladly take it and wipe off some imaginary dust.

”Forgive me MrSawara. I tend to do that. Call me clumsy if you must. Plus my nerves are kinda off scale right now. ” I said whipping away a tear whilst grinning. He smiled and proceeded to sit down, me following his example. He clamped his hands together in front of him and suddently I feel like tapping my nails against something again. 

“ Ms.Kora, I’ll get straight to the point. I have some good news and some bad. Which do you want to hear first?” 

At this I received a bad dreary feeling. Sighing I answered.

” The bad please. “ He nodded and took out what I assume is my profile. 

“ It has come to my attention that you are only fourteen years of age?” 

I slumped down, closed my eyes and nodded. 

“What does this mean then?” I asked, not wanting to listen to anything else. 

“ I’m sorry, Miss Riko, But you cant audition for the talent section of LME. The required age is 15. ”  He said solemnly. I opened my eyes and looked at him horrified. 

 No! What am I doing now! I can’t enter LME! I can’t go down like this!  

But sir! I am almost fifteen! I need to-“ I’m silenced as he puts up his hand. 

“ This is where the good news comes in Miss Riko." He sighed then smiled. 

Searching for some papers from the side of his desk, I could only frown and play with my nails. 

I was so distracted that I didn't notice him put a small pack of papers in front of me. 

"Riko-san"

I looked up and finally took notice of the large stack of papers. I had to re-read the first couple words three times to understand.

               Singing Audition Attendee 

                     Congratulations 

                You've been Approved

Staring wide eye at the papers, I looked up at Mr.Sawara for confirmation.

He gave me a sheepish smile making me finally aware of the situation. I guess some child was still left in me because I jumped of the chair, ran around his desk and hugged him....more like punched the air out of him because by the time I caught myself and let go, he was already turning blue. He muttered something about ‘young kids nowadays’, 'evil auras' and ‘ridiculous strength’.

Ignoring him, I quickly looked through the papers. I was static. Flipping around, scanning, and signing with a pen I had borrowed. Careful to only sign with the name 'Riko'. But I guess I really was a child to not expect that in one of the last pages, at the bottom, is always a large space saying Parent/Guardian Signature.