Extended version. 03

~Xavier Anderson~

And there she was.

I smiled watching her walk towards me with a smirk on her face.

"Thought you could do it," I stated, regarding the day at the court, as she came to my table while I signalled for her to sit down.

"Thought so too," she said, sitting down as the waiter approached. Amanda did not sign the papers and I was let go without facing any charges.

"Good afternoon, are you ready to place your order?" the waiter asked, flipping the paper to an empty page.

I held the menu, opened it but immediately closed it back, deciding to have the same dish as old times reminsing the times Amanda and I regularly came here.

"Beef lasagne," I stated, keeping my eyes on her to see her reaction.

She looked at me and raised her brow before smirking.

"I'd like a pepper steak please," she then told the waiter, the same thing we had always ordered back in the days when we were together.

"And one combo appetizer dish with extra mozzarella sticks," I blurted, handing the waiter the menu.

"Just like old times," she muttered.

"Good times."

She didn't say anything but I could see her trying to suppress her smile.

After a while she looked at me as if studying me. I raised my brow at her in confusion.

"You promised me something and as I recall you've never broken promises... except once," she hinted and I sighed, remembering the time that separated us.

"And what did that promise say?" I asked, preparing myself for some disaster.

She gave a half smile. "We were sitting here and I was talking about how it is impossible to look at something and be able to envision the past and present."

I could have just pretended not to remember and move on, but I couldn't, I still loved her- I always will.

I never believed in letting the person you love go, I believed in fighting for the person you want. I knew that if I didn't try to make it work when I had the chance I would live my life forever in regret knowing that I will never love someone as I loved Amanda.

So I smiled wide and said, giving myself hope knowing that she felt the same way, "I remember. After dinner."

Her eyes lit up and her jaw dropped, clearly not expecting that. I had worked on it after that night for weeks even when I didn't have a reason to.

"What?" she asked dumbfounded.

"I have it at home, done. I'll show you when we're done," I suggested, hoping she'd take the offer.

"I-well... Okay let's go now."

"Now?" I asked, raising my brow.

She nodded, smiling.

Giddiness swirled in my body while I asked for the bill.

I had always dreamt of her reaction while I had been working on it: it was my motivation to keep working on it .

"Do you want to get in my car?" I asked, feeling as nervous as a teenage boy.

Why was I feeling this way?

"I'll drop you back here to get your car once we're done," I said, getting in.

She nodded and got in next to me.

The car ride to my house was silent, none of us said a thing. Being in the same car and breathing the same air was satistfying enough.

I took a different road and that made Amanda look at me in confusion.

"I didn't sell the apartment," I found myself saying as I parked the car.

I had bought a new apartment, I couldn't stay there without her, but never sold the old one, because I had always hoped she'd come back and we'd move back in.

"Oh," she uttered and from the corner of my eye I saw her looking down while fiddling with her fingers.

After I had turned off the engine, I looked and her and smiled. "You ready?"

"Let's see what you've got," she said, before getting out of the car.

I went up and opened the door while she followed me. She looked around inspecting the place as always and I waited for her to comment.

"Make yourself at home, I'll be back," I declared before heading to the basement.

I smiled in excitement as I opened the cupboard and got out the mirror which was wrapped with a cloth to avoid the dust from ruining it, yet it still found it's way in.

I removed the wrapping and ran my finger over the carvings, feeling the cool ridges and groves and the little layer of dust that clung.

I smiled, carefully getting it out and taking it with me. I hoped she'd love it.

"Here it is," I chirped once I walked into the room holding the mirror in both of my hands, before placing it on the empty table.

"The present and past." She smiled wide looking at me in anticipation while I removed the clothing off of it, to reveal it to her.

"Oh Xavier," she whined, tracing the engraved edges with her fingers.

"I love this," she said, pointing at the little ballerina with the posing on the side, "This made me win first place, remember?"

I nodded watching her examine every different ballerina carved on the mirror.

"Can I take it?" she asked still paying attention to each and every carving.

I giggled. "Of course, I made it for you. Here let me help you put it in the car," I stated as I held the mirror in both arms.

She smiled, taking the keys from the wooden key holder.

She opened the back seats' door and I carefully lay the mirror on the fine leather of the seats, making it stable.

"I not only see the present and the past in it," she started with a low voice behind me and my heart raced upon hearing those words in anticipation for her next words.

"The present, the past... and future."

I turned and looked up at her, my eyes wide while my heart raced faster in hopes of what I wanted to hear. It could mean anything and everything.

I am so sorry for such a delay and I thank you all for being patient with me.
I hope you enjoyed this chapter, comment your thoughts.
-Steph x

Next chapter comes up in 2 days(I promise)