Chapter 2

Collie let out a small whine, but only for a second because a shoved my paw onto her mouth. "Don't say a word" I whispered to my sister. Then I started chanting "what was seen is unseen; what was sensed is now senseless. What was bone is bending; what was fur is air" the slimmer went over me and my sister. I saw one of the taken looked in our direction, and I started to panic but I didn't dare move, and release slimmer. Then he looked away I finally let the tension go. I let the slimmer go, and crouched to the ground hiding in the tall grass, Collie followed my action and we escaped away from the den when we came out of the boundary's I saw the graylands. Collie let out a whimper "it's ok. We will make it" I said reassuring her. And we crawled under a fence that surrounded the forest of impenetrable stone. The smell was unbearable, but I decided it was better than death. Then I noticed that it was past dusk, the brightglobes shining bright, but I could not see the Canista's Lights. I wondered why for a second, but I was interrupted when I heard the barks of a skulk behind us. I grabbed my sister by the neck, and bolted behind a furrless den. I saw the deathway it looked sort of safe to cross, but then a pair of giant glowing eyes flew past me, a mangler! "Alnavii! I'm scared!" Collie whined "don't worry, we just need to find a shelter and then we can see if anyone else has escaped to here ok?" I said "ok" she whimpered. Soon enough we found a furrless den that was empty. We settled down, but soon enough our stomachs started to growl, like angry wolves. "I'll try and catch us something I said," so I went out of the den, and slimmered to try and catch a mouse or something else. "What was seen is now unseen; what was sensed..." at the first movement I pounced. I had caught a nice fat mouse, so I took it inside. "Dinner!" I cried out when I came in. Collie, who was taking a small nap when I came, looked up and trotted over. We scarfed down the mouse, and went to sleep, but I found I couldn't get to sleep for a while because, I was thinking so much about what might've happened to the rest of my family. The Taken were expert hunters, and almost always left no survivors.