CHAPTER TWELVE

(Jase's Pov)

A chuckle left my lips as I watched Samuel idiotically make his player get harmed and fall down to the ground, waiting to be tended. With reluctance, I decided on reviving his player back to life, laughing at the scowl on his face. The little curse under his breath made me shake my head. 

"Fucking idiot," I muttered. "Stop running around the map."

He nudged me sharply with his elbow. "Fuck off."

I laughed again, leaning back in my chair and guiding my player back into my hiding spot, making sure not to kill or damage my health somehow just like he had done. The game controller in his hand was making a whole lot of noise from the way he was furiously tapping down on them. I glanced at what his player was doing and rolled my eyes when I saw he was making him jump up and down repeatedly.

Fucking fool.

"You're gonna pay for a new controller if you don't stop pressing down so fucking hard. Jesus." I snapped, tempted to reach out and slap the back of his head. "Also, are you okay in the head? What part of stay low and stop moving about doesn't sink into your thick ass mind?"

"Man, stop distracting me! You already made me nearly kill myself." 

"You did that all on your own. I'm telling you to stop running around and camp with me, fucker. We need to be cautious of any enemies lurking and the death traps they could have put up."

"Listen, camping is for pussies. I'm not staying in one spot, hiding like a little kid - hell no." He darkly laughed. "If a motherfucker wants to try me, he can be my guest. I'm here, bitch!" He emphasized his point by stalking his player out of the little, crumbling building our players were hiding in and let his player wonder carelessly around the game's map. He was just asking to be killed.

"You piece of shit, if you go down I'm not reiving you again." I grounded out. 

"You'll have to revive me unless you don't want to win, dipshit."

I clenched my jaw. "Fuck you, Samuel."

With a deep rumble of laughter, he finally decided to quit playing and come back to camp where we were hiding in the broken building. Eventually the game progressed and two enemy players stumbled upon where we were hiding. We didn't have a single chance before they shot us dead with their machine guns. Just like that we had lost and were out of the game. Ranked #15 out of #18.

"This is all your fault!" He cried, angry. "I listened to your terrible advice and look at that, I'm a fucking dead man."

Temptation got the better of me and I slapped the back of his head.

"Ow, man!"

"Watch it, you shit stain." I smirked. "Get your clammy hands off my controller. I'm done playing with your shit ass."

"I'm bored anyways." He shrugged, letting go of the controller in his hand. "When are the girl's getting back?"

My brows furrowed instantly when he mentioned them. Roxy, Minx and Vanessa had all gone out for some girly, shopping day shit and it had been hours since we had last seen them. My hand fished out my phone from my pocket and I glanced down at the time.

"It's eight o'clock." I frowned. "Roxy told me she'd be back by six, at the latest."

Worry crossed Samuel's eyes. "You think they're in trouble or some crap?"

I clenched my jaw at the thought, before I shook my head. "Roxy and Minx in trouble? I doubt it... I'm sure they would have called one of us by now."