CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

(Vanessa's Pov)

Heavy moans left my lips as his soft lips attacked my throbbing pussy with such a strong urgency. His hands clenched the back of my thighs as he dragged me closer towards his hungry mouth, my lips parting from the tentativeness.

"Come for me." He whispered against my core. 

"Jase," I helplessly moaned, before I felt my climax greet me, my body shuddering delightfully in response. He panted, slowly pulling himself away from my core and laying down beside me. I instantly settled into his side, resting my head against his chest, his fast beating heart echoing in my ears. 

After two, well (counting Jase feasting on me with his talented mouth) three rounds of fun, the both of us were now panting, trying to catch our breaths. How we had gotten into this situation, I strongly blamed Jase. I mean, how could I not jump on him after how hot he looked after a trip from the gym? I'd be crazy not to.

Silence occupied the air eventually, and the both of continued to gaze up at the ceiling. Immediately, I sensed something was off about Jase. His body was tense beneath mine and I could hear his heart thumping at a somewhat different pace than usual. The fact I could identify that made my stomach churn and my head feel dizzy.

Slowly turning to face him, I noticed that his jaw was clenched. "Hey, is everything okay?"

His eyes, that had been mindlessly gazing up at the ceiling, flickered over to me and paused. "How'd you know?"

"I don't know... You just seemed tense." I faintly smiled at the adorable furrow of his brows. "What's up?"

Sighing, he slowly sat up, making me mimic his action. He raked a quick hand through his hair and blew out a deep breath.

"I don't know... I just feel strange." He shrugged out. "I mean, I just got off the phone with my dad and we were talking about the family business and..."

"And?" I hesitantly pressed, watching his face closely.

"And he brought up the fact I'll need to have a partner." He licked his lips. "Eventually, marry that partner when I officially take over."

Another deep sigh fell from his lips and he slumped back, resting his back against the headboard of the bed. 

"Okay... Does the thought of marriage bother you or something?" I asked, unsure of what the problem was truly.

"No, of course not." He shook his head, turning to face me. "One day, of course I want to be married... You know, have a family, kids..."

"Oh," I didn't understand why my stomach lifted up from hearing that. "Then... What is it that's bothering you?"

Silence lingered in the air for a moment. "My dad brought up Roxy."

"Oh," I heard myself whisper. 

"When the topic of future spouses came up, he mentioned her and cracked a joke about when I'll finally grow the balls to ask for her hand in marriage." He shared.

"Did that, like, piss you off? Or annoy you or something?" I asked, feeling my throat oddly churn from the thought of Jase proposing to Roxy.

"No," He shook his head. "Not really."

"Well, then what is it?" I softly questioned, not wanting to pressure him into answering by wanting to know myself. "What bothered you about what your dad said?"

"I don't..." He paused and exhaled sharply. "I just don't see myself doing that... I just don't see myself with Roxy."

Who do you see?